“Excellent Facility” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Montague, Michigan
“Excellent Facility”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in room 525 (suite) and in laws stayed in 519 (standard) for 3 nights. The location is excellent if you are coming for The Opry or Opry Mills Mall. Furthermore, it is a pretty painless drive to downtown Nashville (approximately 15-20 mins.). I can't say enough good about the facility as everything is clean and newer. The staff are all friendly as well. The pool is clean and spacious but nothing fancy. The beds are comfy. Breakfast was impressive & the Breakfast Attendant came around with free hugs. Don't expect much from surrounding area as the nearest main main strip is kind of rough. I visited the local wal mart & kroger which were both in a rougher looking neighborhood. I didn't have any problems but some may be hesitant to travel the area. Lastly, i found two gems directly behind the hotel, Trail West & Earnest Tubbs Record Shop II. Both are in a run down strip mall between Cooters and this hotel but worth the stop if you are looking for western wear or if you would like to see Tubbs tour bus. We chose this hotel because we didn't want to pay downtown prices. Glad we did.

Bruce N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! I really appreciate the nice things you said. And I'm glad you had fun at the nearby Trail West store and the Ernest Tubb Record Shop. Stores like this, along with the other shops and dining one can find at the nearby Opry Mills Mall, can really make for a fun outing in our area. And like you mentioned, downtown Nashville isn't that far away, and there is even a local shuttle company called "Downtown Shuttle" that will provide round trips to and from our area for a nominal fee. Again, thanks for reviewing us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Centerville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The staff at this hotel was wonderful. Typical southern hospitality, which is great! Not impressed with the cleanliness of the bathroom though. A little bleach would have made it look MUCH better. As a guest I should not see any mold around the shower door. Other than that, it was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jennifer C, thank you for staying with us and reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I really appreciate the nice things you said about our staff, and I am also grateful for you sharing your thoughts about the bathroom. I agree with you completely, and will make sure I share your comments with my staff. Again, thank you, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Nashville!
haubstadt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed from july 14 -18 we loved the roomy suite. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, Loved seeing Sunshine in the breakfast room starting our day out with a smile and a song ! The only thing we wish is hotel had more comfortable beds. Just a note to let everyone know, don't plan on checking in early, when they say check in 4:00pm, you come any earlier you will be waiting, it was very busy when we were there, seemed like they needed more help in cleaning rooms, they didn't ever get to ours on 2nd floor until later in afternoon. Overall very nice hotel, will definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate the nice things you said about our hotel and about our breakfast host Sunshine. And I apologize we couldn't get you in earlier than our check in time on the day you stayed with us. We always do our best to accomodate our guests when they arrive early, but sometimes when it's very busy we're not able to get them in earlier. However, we are always very happy to try, so the next time you are in Nashville if you arrive early stop by and see us!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I spent one night at this hotel while in Nashville. We always stay at Hampton Inns when we travel. I especially enjoyed the country music theme at this hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly and personable at our check in. The room was very clean and comfortable. This hotel is either pretty new, or has been refurbished recently. Breakfast was the usual fare that can be found at a complimentary breakfast bar. There was plenty to eat and a nice variety sure to satisfy all guests. I have no complaints about the hotel itself. I chose this hotel because we were shopping next door at Opry Mills. However, my husband and I both decided that people who don't know much about Nashville would probably be disappointed in the location. It is near the shows for the Grand Ole Opry, but anyone who is a country music fan will want to be as close as possible to downtown. The hotels downtown are more expensive, but I'll bet the cost of the shuttle buses I saw that take visitors downtown and other places around Nashville, make up the price difference. Just be sure to do your homework before you book a room at one of the hotels on this side of town. There are lots of hotels, restaurants, a mini golf, a go cart track, and the Opry Mills Outlet Mall. The Opryland Hotel is also here. It's an attraction itself with its dozens of boutique shops, elegant restaurants, and gorgeous indoor gardens. Just make sure you don't have a problem with paying $10 + to park here.

1 Thank ladybd
Bruce N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Ladybd, thank you for giving us such nice, thorough review for our property! I'm glad you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel, and thank you for noticing our country music theme. It really sets us apart from a lot of the other hotels in our area. It's great being so close to Opry Mills - I personally love all the stores and choices for dining that can be found there! Regarding downtown, there is a great shuttle service that runs between our hotel to downtown Nashville, and the cost is usually just $10 round trip per person. We've frequently been told by guests that they find this to be a great value when they compare it to the costs associated with staying and parking in the downtown area. And I totally agree with you about the great things to do but the $10 cost to park at the Opryland Hotel. That's why our hotel shuttle will take our guests over to the Opryland Hotel's Delta entrance free of charge! We hope to see you back soon!
lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

we just returned home from va. we stayed at the Hampton inn.from the minute we arrived we greeted with smiles and welcomes from the the desk clerks all the way down to housekeeping. I always worry about booking online because things aren't always what thay seem to be. this place was very clean and the beds,well lets just say more comfortable than the one I have at home,lol! the lady that serves breakfast even sings to you while she is preparing it.now you can't beat that! good voice to! the rooms were cleaned every day with all the clean linens needed. if I go back that will be the only place I will stay. only minutes from the opry and a very nice mall.thanks to everyone. it's well worth the rates!

Room Tip: don't really know. we were on 2nd floor room 203
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Regina C, I'm so glad you had such a great experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope to see you back again soon!
Nashville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The staff was outstanding! The rooms were clean and neat. The staff was friendly, helpful and the complimentary breakfast was amazing! Ask for the lady with the short hair that served the breakfast. She was amazing!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for the nice things you said about our staff and our hotel. It really makes my day and theirs when I get to share these types of nice comments with them. I really believe we do have a truly outstanding, amazing staff and I'm very proud of them!
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We booked a suite for an anniversary trip to see the Grand Ole Opry. Room 200 was excellent and met the high standards that we expect from Hamptons 100%. I feel that we got a lot more for our money staying here than at the famous place across the street. We liked the fact that there were restaurants you could walk to from the motel. The free shuttle to and from the Opry area is great. We found the staff to be very friendly and efficient. We will stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for sharing your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm really glad you have a great time at our hotel, and I appreciate the nice things you said about our staff. We hope to see you again soon!