“Amazing staff and Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland
Ranked #10 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The staff was outstanding! The rooms were clean and neat. The staff was friendly, helpful and the complimentary breakfast was amazing! Ask for the lady with the short hair that served the breakfast. She was amazing!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bruce N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice things you said about our staff and our hotel. It really makes my day and theirs when I get to share these types of nice comments with them. I really believe we do have a truly outstanding, amazing staff and I'm very proud of them!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We booked a suite for an anniversary trip to see the Grand Ole Opry. Room 200 was excellent and met the high standards that we expect from Hamptons 100%. I feel that we got a lot more for our money staying here than at the famous place across the street. We liked the fact that there were restaurants you could walk to from the motel. The free shuttle to and from the Opry area is great. We found the staff to be very friendly and efficient. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm really glad you have a great time at our hotel, and I appreciate the nice things you said about our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We planned our family vacation in Nashville. We wanted to see the Grand Ole Opry and we wanted to visit the Country Music Hall of Fame. We debated whether to stay in downtown Nashville or close to the Opry. Boy are we glad that we stayed at the Hampton Opryland. First of all, they offer free shuttle service to and from the airport. They also offer free parking if we decided to rent a car. If we stayed in town, it would cost the 4 of us $25.00 each to use a shuttle service. If we rented a car, it would cost us at least $20.00/day to park. We also saved considerable money by staying outside of downtown. We did take the downtown shuttle to and from the hotel. This only cost us each $10.00 per person for the round-trip.
More importantly, the service at the hotel was excellent. The hotel staff, Tara, Katie and Andrea knew us by name by the second day. They went out of their way to greet us daily every morning and also when we got back to the hotel late at night after a day out on the town. They were all so helpful in recommending local restaurants and even helped us find a few discounts to those same places. They were very knowledgeable about the town and helped guide us to different attractions around the area.
Breakfast was typical Hampton. Nothing fancy but very good. There was always a variety of things to eat. The breakfast even pleased my 14 year old son-who typically does not eat breakfast. We even had a special visit from "Sunshine" one morning. She along with the entire staff at the Opryland Hampton truly exemplifies the term "Southern Hospitality"

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask. The staff will bend over backwards to make things happen.
2  Thank Ralph P

Ralph P, I really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and say all the nice things you said! My favorite part of my job is getting to share these types of reviews with my staff, and I know you made their days as well. We really pride ourselves on our customer service and will do whatever it takes to make sure our guests have the stays they deserve. And I do feel we are a great value compared to some of the other options out there, just like you said. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

As a frequent visitor to Nashville, this was our first time staying at the Hampton @ Opryland. I was very surprised at the size of our King one room suite - HUGE. Rooms were quiet and we enjoyed a very relaxing visit to one of our favorite locations.

1  Thank Kim S

Thank you for choosing us on your recent trip to Nashville! We value your business, and I'm glad you had a nice relaxing stay at our hotel. And thank you for sharing that on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Hampton for the most part never disappoints, we stay at a lot of Hampton's throughout the year. This was a very busy Hampton and we did not find the front desk as friendly as most. You know that Hello Welcome to Hampton. Breakfast was excellent, we went early, because felt it would really be crowded later. They did not have the USA paper on the weekend so we were disappointed. Everything was very clean, but this hotel IS NOT close enough to walk to the Grand Old Opry. Oh they failed to any our trash one day.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dwight R

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate you sharing your experience here, and I will make sure to discuss what your wrote with my staff and addressing everything you brought up. It's very important to me that all of our guests have the wonderful "Hampton Welcome" they've all come to expect. And I agree with you that walking to the Opry is a bit of a stretch since it close to a mile from our hotel, so I always suggest to our guests to ride over to the Opryland Hotel on our complimentary shuttle and walk the rest of the way from there - that's much easier!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I am really glad I chose the Hampton Inn & Suites for our trip to Nashville. I was going to choose a hotel in the downtown area but so glad I didn't. Parking in downtown area is expensive. The hotel staff at Hampton was very helpful and friendly. We stayed at this hotel for 1 week. We had such a great time!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bruce N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thanks for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I'm really glad you had a great time during your stay with us, and I appreciate you choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Nashville. We hope you can come back soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here for two nights over the Fourth of July holiday. Hotel was in a good location, away from downtown but not so far that it was a hassle getting around. We went to several different areas in Nashville, all about 10-15 minutes away. The best part was that it was nice and quiet, and free parking. After the 4th of July fireworks were over, we were able to get out of the downtown area and back to our peaceful hotel in about 35 minutes (the police did a good job keeping the traffic flowing). It's normally about 12 minutes to downtown.

The hotel is also across the street from the Grand Ole Opry and Opryland Mills mall - huge place which was nice to spend some time in when the rain got heavy.

The breakfast was standard Hampton Inn & Suites but plenty of options from bagels, toast, oatmeal, fruit and yogurt etc.

If you're interested in drinking or partying downtown and don't want to drive, they do have a shuttle that will drop you off/pick you up. I think they charge a nominal fee that is much less than a taxi. For the night of July 4 it was $15 but we opted to drive ourselves, go early for dinner and to enjoy the concert, and we found parking no problem.

We would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank travelscrapper

Hi there, and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I appreciate the nice things you said about our hotel, and I'm glad our location was just right for your needs while you were visiting Nashville. There's so many fun things to see and do here, and it's great to be so convenient to everything. And you are right about the shuttle to downtown - the shuttle service offered by "Downtown Shuttles" is very reasonable and a great alternative to driving and parking in the downtown area, and we often recommend it to our guests. Thanks for staying with us!