“I love this Hampton inn!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland
Ranked #8 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed February 1, 2013

OK! I check into the hotel, and they gave me a key to my room, was not expecting this at all....but I got upgraded and I'm not even a Hilton Honors member! I felt awesome! i went to the front desk to thank them, and they said they wanted me to become a Hilton honors member and if i became a member I would get many perks and upgrades, well guess what? Im signing up today! thanks Hampton inn and Hilton! ill definitely be back

Room Tip: Become a rewards program member
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stacy A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,418)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here on jan 12 2013. I used 30, 000 hilton honors points, and I'm wishing I hadn't wasted them. The staff were helpfull and polite, but the room was a bummer. The bed had issues, the sheet did not fit the mattress, the matress kept sliding off the box springs. The TV had isues also, the remote only worked if you pointed it right at the bottom of tye TV, and you had to hold the button down to change channels, then it would skip 4 or 5 channels, the air conditioner was so loud it woke us up every time it came on. Needless to say restless night. The morning shower was another let down, the shower head was a joke. No pressure and just sucked, then the towels were not much bigger than hand towels, very thin and small. The shampoo and conditioner smelled like toilet cleaner, doesn't any one test these things? I've been a hilton honor member for 5 years, we normaly stay at doubletree or hilton. This hotel is rated number3 in Nashville, I don't know how?

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GeersFamily
TimHorne, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville @ Opryland, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I am so sorry that you had troubles with some maintenance issues in your room. I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and I can assure you that I have contacted our maintenance crew to fix the showerhead, TV remote and mattress box spring. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences during your stay and I hope that you will give us a second chance if you return to this area. Please feel free to contact me directly so that we can further discuss this situation.

Timothy Horne
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Recently in Nashville for conference at Gaylord; and Gaylord Is a great place - but like the Vegas hotels, it leaves me feeling like an avatar in some "sim city" adventure - nice to visit, but want a bit less stimulation at the end of the day. Hampton Inn is a couple of blocks away with a convenient, consistently reliable shuttle, clean, comfortable, and courteous staff.

Best feature is morning breakfast hottest who sings with the voice of angels and has an equally angelic countenance that leaves a positive impact on the day as you journey out.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The staff were very friendly, check-in was fast and easy. Location was convenient and close to restaurants and attractions. Right off freeway. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Rooms were clean and had very comfortable beds, TV, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, wi-fi. Nicely decorated. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a more quiet section, request the back side of the hotel on the upper floor, away from e...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mikeandbetty7
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

After being away for nearly two weeks and flying back into Nashville this was a great breath of fresh air! The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. But the highlight was the breakfast and staff! There was a good breakfast (typical Hampton) and the nicest lady attending to the buffet; she was careful to keep us supplied with what we needed and friendly. Highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Younginitiative
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Although we paid about 40% more than normal (New Year's and Bowl game) this was the best Hampton Inn ever. Also, one of the best places we have stayed with regard to morning breakfast, front desk service, and furnishing and cleanliness of the room. Except for price, we would go back with absolutely no reservation. Shuttle service to various places including OpryLand Hotel 1 mile away, but not a good walking mile due to traffic and road patterns.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and daughter and I stayed at this hotel for four nights Jan.1 thru 5th. because of the TripAdvisor rating of being #3 in the Nashville area. The location is a few miles from downtown, but still in a great area. We arrived a day early and we were able to get a two queen room. I had booked a 2-queen suite online and was eager to get into that room. When we got into our suite, we noticed a smell and a wet spot on the carpet. I happened to come to Nashville with a severe cold and chest congestion, so I stayed in the room for the first two days while my wife and daughter went sightseeing. The smell didn't bother me, but my daughter was uncomfortable until we told the manager to see about cleaning the carpet. The made an effort to clean it up, but it really wasn't enough. The real crown jewel of this property is Sunshine, the wonderful breath of fresh air in loving southern hospitality that gives this place it's identity. She takes care of the breakfast buffet during the week and is very generous with smiles, hugs and overall good cheer. The hotel is very nice and has great decor, but it's Sunshine that will bring me back for a return visit. I'm sure many other guests share this sentiment. We are hoping to return in the spring or summer and would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite first. It costs a bit more but it's worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family