WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #17 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
Mayville, Wisconsin, United States
“Perfect Stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel was clean, the location great for our needs (shopping, Opryland) and price was right (much cheaper than Gaylord). We visited the Gaylord by using the free shuttle, which I do agree is a must see, but to save over $100 a night, made this hotel worthwhile. Also, the continental breakfast offered lots of variety.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kim S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
u.k
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is the first time I have stayed in Hampton Inns and I fell in love with them, well this one for sure! The lobby is lovely, very welcoming and charming. The reception staff were brilliant, so friendly and really helpful. Our room was great. spotlessly clean, comfortable beds and pillows. The place was quiet and the breakfast was great with excellent coffee which incidentally was on tap 24 hours a day!! I couldn't fault this place at all. I didn't want to leave. There was a shuttle bus that took us to Opryland resort and the mall and we just called to get picked up again. We have booked more Hampton Inns for this trip on the strength of this one. I hope they're all like this. I would stay there every time for sure.

Room Tip: Turn the fridge down to low and it won't wake you up!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lisa E
Tarzana, Ca.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Booked this hotel based on trip advisor reviews and we were so happy! We had a king suite that was spacious, comfortable, lovely and especially important, clean! The staff was as nice and as welcoming as could be--thank you to Jane at the front desk and Sunshine at breakfast as well as all the other folks whose names I didn't get!

The Hampton Inn is about 10 miles from downtown Nashville. A downtown shuttle from the hotel costs $10 round trip and is worth every cent! Jerry, the driver, knows everything there is to know about Nashville so he gave us a mini tour that was most enjoyable as we drove in to town.The shuttle drops off and picks up at Margaritaville. Once there we walked up and down, listened to music, had dinner and drinks and just had a great time. I admit to not being a big country music fan but the bands were terrific and played their hearts out!! Not having to worry about parking or driving just added to the enjoyment of the evening!

The hotel is across the road from the Opryland Resort, not really walking distance. We drove over to see the Xmas lights, really lovely. Didn't go in the resort although I'm told it's something to see. No one is playing at the Grand Old Opry right now as the Rockettes will be there for the holidays. Performances are in town at the Rymann Center.We were there on a Thursday so no performances were scheduled.

ELKTON, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here for Business reasons. Most other employees stayed at a different hotel but I wanted to be at Hampton Inn. I had never been at this hotel before but I made the right decision. The staff was excellent, the rooms were spotless. Plenty of towels and wash clothes, soap, coffee and lotion. Breakfast was delicious and plenty to choose from. But the best thing about my whole stay was a lady who worked in the breakfast area and they call her Ms. Sunshine. What a joy she is. Both mornings she just brightened my day before I went off on business. Ms. Sunshine is what makes this hotel extra especial. I would like to Thank her for what a blessing she was to me each morning. Thanks Ms. Sunshine! You have a wonderful day and your are a true blessing.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor in a King room. The room was really large with a desk and chair, micro wa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
gray, tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were in Nashville on business. We were looking for a nice hotel at a decent price, we found the Hampton to be very affordable. We've never stayed at a Hampton Inn & suites before, so this was a new experience. As soon as we walked in, I was impressed with their decor. So updated and stylish, felt like I was walking into a 5 star resort! When we were checking in however, the front desk customer service was bland. She didn't seem to be too thrilled about being there after midnight, we were a late check-in (and they made sure to keep our room) thought her attitude should have been a little more welcoming. When we got to our room, I was even more impressed with the layout and it was so well put together and very updated and clean. However, I wouldn't walk bare-footed because my feet got dirty from walking on the carpet. I believe every hotel is like that, even a 5 star. Anyway, the bed was SO COMFORTABLE!! We got the best sleep we've ever had! And we may even buy their bed along with their linens and duvet from the Hampton Home Website!! The breakfast was okay, different every day, I mainly ate the waffles that you make yourself in an automatic waffle maker. Over all, we were happy with the choice we made and we will stay again and probably request room 202 every time. I highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CYRY33
Morris, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Absolutely LOVED this hotel!! GREAT stay here, would definitely stay here again! Very, very clean rooms/hotel. Staff was SUPER friendly and VERY helpful; providing us with all the info we needed for the shuttles downtown and to the Titans game! Also, very quiet, no noise compliants. Breakfast was awesome too!! Something new each moring, couldn't ask for anything better! Not far from downtown and right across the street is the Opry and the Opry Mills mall, which was great! We also checked out the beautiful Christmas lights display @ the Gaylord Opryland Hotel & Convention Center across the street, which was recommeded by our shuttle driver, absolutely breathtaking! This hotel also provides a washer and dryer, which did come in handy and a small fitness center. Outdoor pool was nice too, but unfortunately didn't get to use it because of the time of year we stayed, would love to check it out in the summer. HIGHLY recommend this hotel!!!

Southgate, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just stayed the weekend at Hampton Inn-Opryland.
Hotel super clean--beds super clean. I am a neat freak about hotel beds, and this place passed my picky inspection!
Appreciated the complementary shuttle to/from the airport. The staff is so friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this for your next Nashville visit.
The shuttle also takes you to the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. Nice place to visit and walk around the grounds. There are alot of restaurants at Gaylord to choose from, but a bit pricey.

2 Thank 42722PickyTraveler83