“Decent ice cream, not the best value for your $”

Pied Piper Creamery
Ranked #21 of 56 Dessert in Nashville
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
McMinnville, Tennessee
“Decent ice cream, not the best value for your $”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We tried Pied Piper after eating at Five Points Pizza and also reading reviews on trip advisor. They were out of their signature flavor which was alot of the reason we went....Paid the same for a kid scoop, a single scoop, and a double scoop here as we paid for 3 singles and a bottled coke at Mike's downtown 3 weeks earlier (and Mike's scoops sizes were probably about triple the size of Pied Piper and tasted better too). Was okay to say we tried something different but considering how out of the way it is, we won't return. I'd go to Mike's or try another "mom and pop" type place next time.

Visited August 2012

Annapolis, Maryland
“Great homemade ice creams”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in for a snack on a rainy day and spent a half hour talking to the staff. They were so friendly and gave us great insight into the East Nashville history. The ice cream was tasty and the names they have for the flavors are just fun. Stop in and get a dip, you won't regret it! Love East Nashville!

Urbana, Illinois
“Big portions and great taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We went here with friends while staying in Nashville. We took several different flavors of ice cream and all tasted great.

Definitely recommend to any ice cream lover, who wants the taste the best!

Visited September 2012
Nutley, New Jersey
“Yummy but Pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

The ice cream was good, but I wasn't to impressed with the flavor selection the day we went. I checked out their web site prior to traveling and I thought..."Wow they have exotic flavors!" The flavor selection was ok, but not to exotic. My wife and I both got Trailer Trash II one of their specialties. It was good. Overall, if I was in Nashville again I would stop by, but to be honest with you it was pricey and it didn't completely blow me away.

• Visited July 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
“best ice cream and most exotic variety at most reasonable price ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

There are so many flavors to choose from, some of them very exotic. I couldn't make up my mind so I decided to go for their 5-scoop / $6 sampler. I got the "trailer trash" (chocolatety ice cream), banana pudding, lemon-ginger, chai, smurfberry (with Nerds!) ice cream and they were all so good! This is much better than any of the ice cream places I've tried in New York and CT, and certainly much cheaper. I mean, 5 scoops for $6? In NYC one scoop is already $3! It was such a great deal, so much variety, and such delicious ice cream!

• Visited July 2012