“Really nice place, but far from perfect”

Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport
Ranked #36 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed March 31, 2010

The Radisson is a really nice motel. The room seemed quite nice until bedtime. It was quite obvious (sadly, by smell and sight) that the sheets had not been changed after the last guest. When told of this, the front desk person changed our room quickly. The pool and hot tub were quite nice but closed down at 10:50 instead of the posted 11:00. The hot breakfast was a nice step up from most motel breakfasts, but the servers were not exactly happy to be there.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport

Reviewed March 20, 2010

I recently stayed at the Radisson Airport Hotel for one night. I booked through priceline, and only paid $50. For the price that I paid I was happy with the property.
My rundown on the hotel is as follows:
Older hotel, but not rundown
Not a place I would want to stay on vacation, but fine for a short one nighter.
The room was clean, bed was comfortable, and bathroom was adequate.
This hotel has a free breakfast, that has slightly more than what you would find on a
continental breakfast. (they had pancakes and ham)
I would stay here again, if I needed a hotel convenient to the Nashville Airport.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hesetmefree238
Reviewed March 18, 2010

This is an older property. Where a little wear is showing (stains on carpet, marks on walls, etc), the staff make it up in friendliness. I did have to call at 2:45PM to inquire when the room would be serviced. Someone showed up fairly quickly but didn't replace the bath products (yes, I did tip). The free breakfast was a good value. I acquired my stay via a bid on an online provider, thus the price overall was very fair for what I received in return. However, I wouldn't pay the full advertised price on the Radisson site to stay again. The crispness is just not there.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank chamomilegardens
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I was flying out of Nashville airport & my boyfriend booked this hotel-- WITHOUT checking it out on tripadvisor. Where to begin?

When we walked into the lobby my boyfriend yelped "Not sleep number beds! I never would have booked this hotel had I known." I'd never slept on a sleep number bed & I was excited because I'd never slept on one before. Um now I agree with him. They are lumpy and there's a huge gap between each side. I'd roll over to find my boyfriend & I'd fall into a "ditch". The sheets kept coming off the bed & I'd get up every 30 minutes to fix it. Oh what a terrible sleep I had. This is NOT a selling point for people who have slept on a SN bed before.

Check-in was pretty slow. We waited for 15 minutes & there was only one couple ahead of us. There were 2 desk agents on staff & it took them forever to check this couple in.

The room was damp- I thought this was because it was really humid outside, but after reading previous reviews I've realized it had nothing to do with the outside temperature & that it is a common problem for travelers. Gross.

The hotel isn't close to any restaurants or entertainment. We went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner & ran an errand at Kmart. Woo. Hoo. Not being familiar with Nashville (and having an early flight the next morning) we didn't want to go driving all through Nashville to find something to do. There was literally nothing on the strip surrounding the hotel.

Ugh thinking back gets me annoyed. What a terrible, terrible hotel. I will never stay at a sleep number hotel ever again & I'd never ever stay at this Radisson again. Save your money!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rebekah_rb
Reviewed February 14, 2010

A stay at the local motel 6 would far exceed this dump! I took my wife here for valentines day. They ruined it! the room which was called a suite was not what you would expect for a hotel like the radison,, in room coffee with only one serving, a nice bright light outside your window to keep you up all night. and if that doesnt...you can depend on the people next door to slam doors and party till 1 am. The room advertised online showed a kitchen area with a fridge,,, i guess they felt there was no need to actually provide one. OMG the breakfast in the morning was the worst.. food spilled on the tables and floors EVERYWHERE! there was not ANY food actully on the service line, milk, o.j and apple juice carafs all empty. no seating available.. largly because the tables had not been bussed or cleaned.. after standing there 20 mins.. my wife went in and piled all the dirty dishes onto another table so we could sit down. only to find that there was no silverware clean... so we waited anothr 10 mins for someone to wash silverware.
I went ballistic after b-fast.. I was so upset at the ruined weekend with my wife.. i just couldnt help but to let the kid at the desk have it. I will NEVER stay here again!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank trucknchrs
Reviewed December 23, 2009

I booked rooms at this hotel for my own family and some relatives visiting from Australia. I was so worried it would be awful based on some of the previous reviews. But the price was awesome for two suites, it is centrally located and has a pool and jacuzzi for the kids-so I took the chance. I'm so glad I did ,as it was a perfectly fine, clean, friendly, efficient place! Our Australian relatives marveled that it was the best place they had stayed in their month long USA trip for the money. Honestly, I can't fathom what all of the bad reviews are about, except maybe people wanting the inexpensive rate when they make their plans, and then expecting the Four Seasons when they actually get there. The pool and jacuzzi were perfectly maintained with perfect temperatures, the workout room was great, the breakfast that, bye the way, came with the room rate, was delicious, albeit predictable everyday. The servers and hotel staff were all as nice as can be. And the sleep number bed is nothing to get concerned about. With the right attitude, you'll find it fun to experiment with and will, most certainly, have a more comfortable night's sleep than the majority of hotels out there. (Even if you never touch the remote that operates the bed) If you are considering this hotel for the same reasons I did, go for it. There are many choices in the area granted, but this hotel is fine and deserves a good review!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Booked on Priceline. for $39(+tax)
Very close to the Airport. Requested a room away from airport and recieved it.
Not a big fan of sleep number bed. Too inconsistent. Rooms are little dated but fine.
Pool was nice and perfect temp. Hot tub is in a separate room next to the pool. Worked fine.
Free breakfast included in room rate. Food wasn't the best but was tolerable
Front desk let us have a late check out 1:30 PM was very nice and a lot later than other hotels.
Plenty of restaurants and gas stations w/in 1 minute.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple