“Horrible bed & rowdy kids running down hallway!”

Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport
Ranked #37 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed April 21, 2009

After a 12 hr drive in bad weather, we were really looking forward to a comfortable bed for a good night's rest. The last thing we expected was a king-size bed that sagged so badly in the middle that it might as well have been 2 crooked twins pushed together. Since it was already 11pm, getting re-dressed & moving all our belongings to another room was too exhausting to think about. But shame on Radisson for not providing the one basic "luxury" that people expect when paying good money for a room. OH, and they put us on a floor with a whole load of kids from a tour bus....so add noisy, rowdy kids to a bad night in the Radisson!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed April 9, 2009

Let me start with the positives. My husband had training here at this hotel and with 2 little ones in tow (20 months and 9 weeks old) we figured it would be best to stay on location so I could have the car to travel during the day. I called and spoke with the DOS and he was very friendly and very willing to help take care of all my requests. We booked a suite so my kids could nap quietly, requested early check in and late check out to accomidate naps and needed a refridgerator with a freezer as well as a crib- all of which were here and in place when we checked in- thank you! The pool was nice and clean and we had a great time swimming with my son. Breakfast was good and the staff were very friendly and knew my sons name by the end of the week and would come up and talk to him. I was min. from everything I wanted to do with the kids- shopping, the zoo, the science museum, parks, it was great being so close to everything!
HOWEVER: this has to be the loudest hotel I have ever stayed in, the 1/2 in. gap in the door allows every little noise into the room (this includes the vacuums during the day, everytime a room door closes and every footstep in the hallway) we were also placed by the elevator/ice machine so we heard the bells/ doors opening, the vending and ice machine and all the loud converstations of the cleaning crew constantly. The housekeeping closet must have been right next door because the door slammed non-stop throughout the day- I also woke up at 3am every morning to slamming doors. And the shower....the water pressure caused an ear piercing screetch that made us take the fastest shower possible so we wouldn't start bleeding from the ears, so I decided to run a bath instead...but the tub plug didn't work, the toilet backed up of which I ended up having to plunge it myself after acting out what it was I needed to a housekeeping member since she didn't speak English and tried handing me a sheet??? Everytime a nearby toilet flushed or a shower was on it sounded like Niagra Falls in our bedroom. The bed was not comfortable for us but everyone is different and the kicker was on the last day as I was packing, my son was playing in the front room and the wall vent came down fell onto his head, luckily it wasn't a corner that hit him as I'm sure from that height it would've required a trip to the ER. Needless to say we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2009

We stayed at the Radisson our first of two nights in Nashville. We were told that the hotel had shuttle service to downtown attractions. Little did we know that it only dropped off and picked up ONCE a day, so we literally had 3 hours to do what we needed if we wanted a ride back to the hotel without paying for cab fare. It just so happened to be about 20 degrees during our trip, and the shuttle driver never came to pick us up. After freezing on Broadway for over a half hour, called the hotel, only to be told to "take a cab", they wouldn't send the shuttle driver out, because it was 5 minutes past the time he normally went for his last pickup. Rude!!! Cost us 25 dollars for a cab. The room was nothing special, sleep number bed was HORRIBLE...VERY small room with nothing special to offer. Pool door was broken, had a horrible time getting into the pool area to get to the hot tub area. Had to go through the workout room like a maze. Hot tub was aweful, shot water way up into the air and soaked us completely from head to toe......checked out in the morning and went across the road to the Red Roof for 50 bucks and regret not booking there in the first place! Will not recommend or stay there again. Miserable $175 dollar mistake.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank nascar48johnson
Reviewed January 16, 2009

We went to Nashville for a concert for the 4th of July weekend. This hotel was priced right and wasn't too far from downtown (a 10-15 min taxi ride). Hotels located downtown for that weekend were super expensive, so we decided to stay here.

We got a room with sleep number beds (although I wasn't too impressed - I'm not much of a fan, I guess) but it was a nice touch. The room was clean and the area seemed pretty safe.

We didn't use the pool or restaraunts but both looked nice. Would recommend but we probably will stay downtown next time we are there.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2008

DEFINITELY RECOMMEND this hotel, great value! My husband and I stayed in Nashville on our way to and from Antigua. We stayed at the usually great Fairfield Inn on the way there ($123 incl), but it was so overpriced and such a mess. On the way back, we stayed at the Radisson for $92 inclusive. The free airport shuttle was such prompt service, picked us up at Midnight. Check in staff was friendly and quick. Very nice updated decor, the room was fresh and clean. It was really fun to try out the Sleep Number bed! Although we were in a 2 doubles room so each bed only has one control, so you can't adjust both sides. My husband wasn't into it, but I kind of liked it.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2008

We booked this room on Priceline last minute. The room was very nice and the beds are very comfortable (they are the sleep number beds). They brought up a crib as well as a small "dorm" refrigerator for free. We used the pool one day and the water was very nice, not cold but not too warm. It is located very close to the airport and they have a shuttle, I believe, although we didn't use it. Overall, we had a good stay!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2008

Room was clean and staff was friendly.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family