“Worth the Price I Paid”

Ranked #32 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Houston, Texas
“Worth the Price I Paid”
Reviewed February 17, 2008

I was fortunate enough to book this hotel at less than half of the normal rate via a discount website. I stayed two separate nights here on both ends of my trip to the Nashville area.

On my first stay, we were given a double but had a king for the second stay. The rooms are a nice size and have Sleep Number beds. I can never figure those things out but I can sleep on almost anything.

The rooms could be cleaner. Behind the night stand in our second stay I found an impressive amount of dust.

We took advantage of the indoor pool which I thought was really nice with good music playing and water at a nice temperature. The hot tub was nice as well.

Location is great near the airport. Free parking. Did not take advantage of the shuttle, bar or restaurants. They have a computer/printer near the front desk for printing out boarding passes.

I thought we got quite a bargin at around $60/night. Not sure I would pay the full price.

• Liked — Pool, location
  • Disliked — Rooms could be cleaner
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank DaveLD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Messery, France
Reviewed February 13, 2008

As I had my flight cancelled I was given a cheap voucher for the Radisson - and as far as Airport hotels go, I was lucky. The front desk was very helpful and friendly, the room was large, comfortable and relatively quiet (although not fully insulated against the plane noise), the bar is pretty good with live music, the shuttle bus to the airport is very convenient, and the food is not bad although bar staff could have been more helpful. Lovely bed and bathroom. Shame there was no free internet access. All in all, good if you need to stay near the airport.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed December 9, 2007

I stayed at this property for one night in December of 2007. The hotel was pretty packed, which was very different from my last stay at this property when it was dead. I got it for a great deal on Priceline, but if I had paid full price for the room, I would have been a little disappointed.

The check in process was quick and painless, and every member of the staff that I came in contact with over my stay was very friendly.

Upon entering the room, the first thing I noticed was that it was laid out kinda weird. Not bad necessarily, just....different. (Check out the pics I attached).

The negatives about the room: There was a huge carpet stain in the middle of the floor. There was an unpleasant smell in the bathroom that I never did quite identify. The tub was kinda dirty. I never did seem to get the temperature to my liking in the room. Finally, I am just not a big fan of the "Sleep Number" beds, I don't like having to fiddle with them, and they aren't as comfortable as they are touted to be in my opinion.

The positives: FREE internet and FREE parking. (both huge pluses in my book). The restaurant in the lobby was fairly good, and reasonably priced. As stated before, every staff member is very friendly.

It wasn't as if I had a "bad" stay here, but I often wonder if hotels have certain rooms set aside for Priceliners, etc., that have the stains and other issues. Maybe it's just my imagination.

If you can get it for a discount, go for it. If you are planning on paying full price, shop around some.

• Liked — FREE internet and FREE parking.
  • Disliked — Room had cleanliness/smell/temperature issues.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank Bronsonator
Racine WI
Reviewed December 2, 2007

I knew this wasn't going to be a 4 star, and based on other reviews I knew there were some problems. The room was a decent size, but the bathroom was outdated. There was discoloration on the grout in the shower, and the bottom of the tub was no longer white. The fan in the bathroom was coated with dust. There was a large stain in the middle of the carpet, and the room didn't smell quite "right" when we checked in but that went away shortly; either that or we got used to it. We had a lovely view of the HVAC system on the roof (second floor). The front desk was nice and accomodating. There were lots of pillows on the bed, and the linens looked nice. I primarily chose this hotel based on price (husband's boss gave us limits) and the fact that they offered transportation to the Opry Mills Mall since I was car-less. The Sleep Number beds don't do anything for me but I guess it's better than a normal metal spring mattress. We paid 87 a night for a king room which is the most I would pay for a 2.5/3 star.

• Liked — free mall shuttle and wi-fi
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank KayTee78
Falls Church, Va
Reviewed November 19, 2007

Four of us, two couples, just spent a fun weekend in Nashville and we stayed at the Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport. While the name may be a bit convoluted, the hotel was very nice. The rooms were a decent size and the lo flow shower heads did manage to provide a decent stream of water (which many fail to do). The room was cleaned daily and the pool area was well kept. We found a very good price online and the location is only a short 15 minute ride from downtown Nashville (non rush hour of course). The Sleep Number beds are a vast improvement over most hotel beds and all four of us slept well. The staff was very nice and eager to provide assistance. When I found there weren't any towels left in the pool area I mentioned it to the desk clerk and somebody brought a stack of towels down in less than 10 minutes. Wether you're planning to go the clubs and and sites downtown or out to the Opryland sites this hotel offers very good accommodations and a good location at a bargain price. With a Waffle House across the street what more could you ask for?

• Liked — Location, beds and pool with jacuzzi
  • Disliked — the HVAC on the top floor is a little noise, it's quiter on the other floors
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank gkrupa
Houston
Reviewed October 3, 2007

This hotel was average. The room overall was nice and clean but the bathroom was outdated. There were cracks in the ceiling and evidence of mold around some of the tile. The lighting was also very old and the tub did not drain well. The bed was comfortable although I expected more since they placed a lot of emphasis on the comfort of the bed.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The bathtub
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank MJ_Houston78
Huntland
Reviewed September 15, 2007

We stayed one night at this place (hotel?) before leaving for Europe.
Check in was quick and efficient - a change for Radisson who normally like their customers to stand in line for the privelege of entering their facilties.
Room was stale smelling (not from smoke!) and overlooked the airconditioning units of rooms below.
The small bedside table was cluttered with cables and promotional literature from the mattress suppliers. Why not promote the furniture, carpets, wallpaper etc? The Radisson costcutters could probably reduce the capital cost per room to zero.................
We chose this place for the advertized indoor pool. A good large pool; no changing rooms, no towels, no information and not one swimmer during our stay except for us. We used the room towels. Maybe the Radisson costcutters will give this facility one of their medals for 'efficiency'' (that is, little use and little cost)
The restaurant was open for breakfast and for lunch but not dinner - we use airport hotels to be able to have a relaxing dinner in the restaurant - yes, there was room service.
Hotel information was limited to trumpeting Radisson's 'smoke free' policy from 1st January 2008. How does Radisson plan to enforce this policy in its rooms? Video survelliance; and then the Radisson stormtroopers will break down the doors to throw the inmates (sorry guests) on the street or worse? Maybe Radisson could institute a strip search of all intending inmates before entry to their premises? This could then be trumpetted as Radisson's contribution to Homeland Security...... and prepare Radisson for their 'alcohol free' policy........???
Sorry Radisson; Europeans are laughing at you!
After returning to the US, a charge popped up on our credit card for extras. We queried Radisson as we had none, but after 2 weeks no response...............typical Radisson 'service'

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — Stale, boring airport style and cluttered with promotional literature for the mattresses
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family