“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hermitage Hotel

Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #2 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Northern New jersey
“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

I was in Memphis on business, but wanted to see the sights in Nashville while I was there. I picked the Hermitage because I figured it was worth staying in the best hotel--and I like old, elegant hotels downtown.

For far less than a room this quality in a bigger city, the Hermitage gave me a beautiful room with a huge bath (the soaking tub with flat screen TV was unexpected--yet I indulged in a pre-dinner soak and TV watching both nights I was there). I was traveling with a colleague, and we decided to eat in the hotel's restaurant both nights. Really good food, and amazingly friendly service. Very helpful staff everywhere, and also a very nice downtown location--a short walk from the remarkable old state Capitol building and the big local history museum.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

southern hospitality is not a cliche. ther service from check in to checkout was unsurpassed. It is a beautiful historic hotel in a fun quirky city. we were in nashville visiting Vanderbilt with my teenage sone. If he decides to go, I will be frequenting this fabulous hotel many times in the next 4 years

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jed k
Spartanburg, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

Just returned from a 3 night stay for a business conference that was conducted at a nearby hotel. I enjoy staying in small upscale hotels and have recently been in a number of Ritz Carlton's, Four Season's, Alzear Palace in Buenos Aires. etc. The Hermitage in Nashville beats them all. From the beautiful quiet lobby with homemade cookies in the afternoon, to the immaculate small health club with cucumber water and fresh fruit, to my sunny corner room overlooking the capitol building, my stay was the finest I have experienced.

On checking in, they were thoughtful enough to ask what time of day I'd like the room serviced. Each evening on return I found my robe laid out and chocolates waiting. My huge marble bath was pristine and cleaned several times each day. The hotel even printed stationery with my name embossed on it for my use, without my asking. The hotel is quiet and lavish, the staff accomodating . The clubby bar downstairs has a good beer and wine selection, and is great for a quiet late drink. I also tried the upscale restaurant downstairs, which is not run the hotel. The food was excellent but very pricey and the service slow. For dinner, I'd recommend the nearby Mid-Town cafe, which features 3 and 5 course tasting menu's with wine pairings for a reasonable price.

For sleeping arrangements, you cannot do better than the Hermitage. I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Southernstyle7
huntington, wv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

I like a nice hotel when i travel, but usually don't splurge on 5 stars. The Hermitage, however, is my exception! The rooms are always fabulous--not much view, true, but amazingly comfortable beds/sheets/robes/etc. The staff is top-notch. I've stayed here 4 or 5 times, and am always impressed. It's close to lots of downtown action, has a comfortable (albeit expensive) bar, hosts afternoon teas, and the restaurant (capitol grill) is always top-rated. It's also significantly less per night than most 5 stars i've been to, although i always travel here on weekends.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank ekter
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

My daughter and I enjoy visiting tea rooms when we travel. I found this one at the Hermitage and thought it would be very special. We were seated at a coffee table in the lobby, food was mediocre. Stale bread on the tea sandwiches, Odd jelly-lke dessert that the waitress couldn't even describe. Waitress disappeared. Had to track her down for a refill on the tea. Probably our most expensive tea room and most disappointing experience. It's obviously NOT their forte. The lobby, however, was beautiful.

Stayed January 2010
2 Thank Melinda B
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

Wonderful historic hotel with large clean rooms, great service, great restaurant and easy walk to night life.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

My family and I recently travelled to Nashville in late February of this year. We make this trip at least twice a year. The moment we arrived we were treated like true guest. The hotel was beautiful. The staff treated us as if we were the only people there. Every detail is included on a day to day basis with the Hermitage employees. It is rare to see an operation of this size go without flaw and everyone involved truly committed to providing exceptional service! We travelled with our miniature dog, which was not a problem here at the Hermitage. They equipped the room for us including all ammenities for our family pet. There is only one place for us in all of our future trips. Hats off to the entire hotel and staff.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family