“Great experieince.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Tennessee
“Great experieince.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2010

It's everything you want in a 5 star hotel. Attentive staff, friendly staff, and hard working staff. The valet service was much better run than the nightmares at similar hotels. The hotel itself is beautiful- tremendous amounts of architechiture and visual sights all over the hotel.

The room was excellent. The chairs were comfortable, the bed slept wonderfully, and the bathroom is amazing. The TV over the tub was a nice touch.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DagnyTaggert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Burleson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

My husband and I spent Christmas at the Hermitage and we could not have been more pleased. Our room was beautiful and spacious, the lobby was loveley beyond description, the concierge was friendly and always helpful, the doormen practically tripped over themselves to help us.....I could go on and on. We got a special Christmas deal----we paid $169.00 per night, and this place was worth every penny! The Christmas decorations all over the hotel were magnificent. We had Christmas brunch which was served by the Capitol Grille restaurant and everything was delicious. We went to the Oak Bar a couple of times----beware, the drinks and food are very expensive. You can share one entree-----I got a sandwich and it was huge. Room service was good and prompt. We stayed three nights and used a taxi to go to most places because the weather was so cold. However, you can walk everywhere when the weather is nice. My husband and I have travelled all over the world and this was one of the nicest places we have ever stayed---it's a little slice of heaven!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank makin-memories
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2010

My hubby and I spent New Year's Eve by spoiling ourselves at the Hermitage Hotel. What a gorgeous Lobby......what Gorgeous Rooms......Great Hospitality. What great place to spend a very cold NYE. My hubby's favorite thing was the HUGE Bathtub that, at 6 foot 7 inches, even HE could fit into and watch Football on the Bathroom TV.

Had Cocktails in the Oak Bar which was terrifically decorated for the New Year with Balloons. Lots of great folks floated in and out. Our Cocktail Waitress had a great spark and bubbly personality to go with it despite the fact she had to work on such a fun evening.

The only thing that I would have liked to have changed was the dinner menu that they served in the Capitol Grille Restaurant. Stuffed Salmon Belly? What is that?.....Just a little to funky for my taste. Wish that they had had Surf and Turf and called it a day. We ended up going somewhere else for dinner at the last minute.

Otherwise, the Hotel is great!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2010

my husband and i returned to the hermitage to celebrate our anniversary. the hermitage was our wedding night hotel and we wanted to be able to spend more time in the luxurious rooms, enjoy the lobby and restaurant, etc. we live in nashville, so we only stayed one night and the hotel staff was very courteous. the entire experience was wonderful. i highly recommend the cookies and tea/cider in the lobby in the afternoons. the macaroons were some of the best i've ever had. the beds are extremely comfortable, sheets of high quality cotton, bathrobes and slippers in the rooms, great water pressure, large tub, great quality soap and shampoos, down bedding - worth every penny. the staff were all helpful and pleasant, our breakfast arrived hot and on-time, and check-out was easy and fast. we visit the hermitage about twice a year for dinner or tea or other events, and it is always a wonderful, grand, yet welcoming experience.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NashvilleMags
Benton, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2009

We spent the first night here of our 30th anniversary trip. This hotel is in an ideal location, is very elegant and classy and the rooms were wonderful with beautiful bathrooms. Great ammenties and just a wonderfully elegant hotel. We ate in the dining room and there were rose petals scattered on our table and the food was so delicious and the service was excellent. Anyone looking for an upscale hotel in Nashville should definitely consider this and we will be back. Thanks for making the start of our trip really great!

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HankyPoo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2009

I travel a bit for business and I'd throw the Hermitage in there with the Mansion at Turtle Creek - tops on my list of places I have been. In fact, the Hermitage probably comes out on top because I think their rooms are just a bit better, but the Mansion wins for service - although they both are outstanding.

What I liked:
Service, service, service.
Historic, beautiful building
Updated rooms that don't give away the character of the hotel
High quality linens and bed
In house dining (Capital Grille or the bar)

What I didn't like:
The parking fee was a bit excessive (valet only).

So what about the service is so special? I arrived late one evening - around ten at night - and I needed dinner and a beer. The Capital Grille was closed so I went down the to bar straight from check in - bag and all. I grabbed a beer and ordered dinner, striking up a conversation with the bartender and some of the wait staff. One waitress walked up and asked, "Was the bellman around when you checked in?"
"Yeah, but I wanted to get down here to order some dinner - so I just brought the bag with me."
"Would you like us to take care of this for you?"
"I can handle it - I travel light."
"I'm sure you can, but you're our guest - let us take care of this while you have your dinner. OK?"
And with that, I agreed and a bellman arrived quickly thereafter to take my bag upstairs.

Another quick note - I recently returned to the Hermitage and I was happy to see that they not only remembered I had stayed there, but they upgraded me as well.

Bottom line: When in Nashville - there isn't a better place to stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Beverly Hills
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

I will agree with all the other's in stating that this hotel has a grand old feel. I went for a friends wedding and the hotel was a nice surprise. It was charming and the rates at about $200 were reasonable for the room type and quality. I had a view of the capital.

Every part of the room and hotel were plush. It was fun seeing all the old southern women (in hats and wearing white gloves yet!) enjoying afternoon teas in the lobby.

I'm not a big fan of Nashville but I do like this hotel. If you are in town then this is the only place worth staying at!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo