“Always a great experience”

The Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #3 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed February 9, 2009

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Hermitage on several occasions for business meetings in Nashville and the experience is always great. My wife usually does not go with me on business trips but I told her she needed to go with me just to stay at the Hermitage. She was able to travel with me this year and was just amazed at the accomodations and service. She said she won't miss any more trips to the Hermitage in the future!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Hermitage Hotel

Reviewed February 9, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed at The Hermitage Hotel. Even though I had read review after review about how wonderful it is, I was still impressed when we arrived. Every staff member we encountered, from the second we pulled up to the hotel to when we departed, was incredibly nice and made us feel like we were VIP guests. The hotel is 5-star, but not stuffy. There were cookies and hot cider in the lobby, as well as fresh fruit and water in the room. The room was nice and quiet and lovely, with comfortable beds, a variety of pillows, flat screen TVs, DVD player, double vanity, glass-enclosed shower, Molton Brown toiletries, etc. The turndown service was nice...very relaxing to come back from dinner to have robes, slippers, bottled water, and dessert bites waiting on us. There were muffins and coffee in the lobby in the morning, and even though I'm not a coffee drinker, I found it tasty. The location is good...right by the capital but still an easy walk to the downtown nightlife/attractions. We had no problems with our online reservations and never had to wait for our car. We were only there for a weekend trip so we didn't have time to experience everything the hotel has to offer, such as the bath concierge or the restaurant. We definitely plan on returning and hope to have a longer trip next time. The bottom line is that this hotel is worth the money. If you're in doubt about it, get over it and reserve a room. You will not regret it.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2009

Great hotel, attentive staff & great location.

Reviewed February 3, 2009

A beautiful hotel in Nashville and a 5 minute stroll from Broadway and the fantastic Honky Tonk bars, My Wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in January 09 and would strongly recommend it, The hotel has one of the nicest lobby's I’ve ever seen, It's not the cheapest hotel but the rooms are warm quite and beautiful with a great walk-in power shower room, double sinks and separate bath with flat screen sky TV (above bath) Staff are genuine and helpful, evening meals were excellent. We also enjoyed good food at The Merchant on Broadway.

1  Thank Bob-The-Barbour
Reviewed January 27, 2009

We travel a lot for business and have stayed in some very nice places. After so much exposure to different hotels and their amenities and management, you become fairly astute at spotting the truly exceptional vs the "wanna-bes". The Hermitage was just lovely. The staff were sincerely courteous and helpful. The bed linens, towels, robes, slippers were of a high quality. The rooms were quite. The soaking tub with bath essentials was a nice touch. They offer Wolferman English Muffins for breakfast.......that's reason enough to return!!! Truly, we have stayed in several nice places in Nashville and this beats them all.....especially nicer than Lowes Hotel in Nashville. I would Highly recommend the Hermitage and most likely will not stay any where else when we are in town.

Reviewed January 26, 2009

Absolutely beautiful renovation of a landmark hotel in Nashville located beside the capital building and nest to the TPAC event center. Room was impeccably clean and with every amenity known. Wonderful guest services, valet, etc. Service with a smile every time. The most beautiful lobby with stained glass ceiling and fireplace and an amazing afternoon tea in the lobby. I would recommend this to anyone for a stay in downtown Nashville near the sites and it is almost a guarantee you will see celebrities at this hotel. The Capital Grille was five star also with a romantic setting and five star service.

Reviewed January 18, 2009

My eleven year old son and I spent a very pleasant weekend at The Hermitage Hotel in October, 2008. I would strongly recommend the hotel to other discerning travelers.

This was a trip that almost didn’t happen, since my wife, who had originally planned to come along, had a work conflict at the last minute. My son was not discouraged by his mother’s change in plans, so he and I turned the weekend into a father-son event.

We stayed in a junior suite, which occupied a corner on a high floor in the hotel. In one direction, we could see the Tennessee State Capitol, and in the other a high rise office building. Our room was very large, with quite a bit of available seating. There was a love seat and an chair on one side of the room, and then two occasional chairs – one near the bed for reading or TV viewing, and one located so that it could be used for reading, TV viewing or conversing with the love seat/chair combo. There was also a desk and chair for writing or work. The furnishings were of the highest quality, and were in good repair.

Even after the arrival of a rollaway for my son, the room still had ample space so that no part of it was cramped.

The king sized bed in the room was of first order, with the highest quality of linens. There were a variety of pillows available on the bed (with even more in the closet). My son experimented a lot with all the pillows.

The bathroom was good sized, with a separate shower and bathtub. There were two sinks (less of issue, of course, with two guys).

Lighting in the room was good (one of my sensitivities with hotel rooms, these days). I could read without problem in each of the seating locations.

The staff at the hotel were terrific. We were warmly welcomed upon arrival, and the concierge made a special effort to find out how she could be of assistance. I used the concierge’s services on several occasions, and found that ready maps, directions and other help were quickly and efficiently provided. Turndown and other housekeeping services were flawless.

We had one lunch and two breakfasts in the hotel restaurant. The breakfasts were fairly standard – nothing on the menu truly stood out – but the food and service were good. One server, in particular, made a special point to inquire about our various adventures as our stay went on (even when she wasn’t assigned to our table). My only complaint with the hotel restaurant was that it was in the basement of the property, making for a fairly dimly lit dining experience. Not the fault of the restaurant, of course, just my preference for a brighter breakfast experience.

Note that, on our weekend stay, the hotel appeared to be in full use as a wedding reception venue. On both evenings, the bulk of the lobby was roped off for exclusive use of the reception guests. That didn’t prove a problem for us, but it might irk others. The hotel appeared to be full each of the nights – but service didn’t appear to be affected (a credit to the management of the hotel and to the staff).

The Hermitage proved an excellent choice for our weekend visit to Nashville. The service and comfort of the room proved to be everything I expected. I’ll be back.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family