“Parties shouldn't happen in the lobby” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hermitage Hotel

Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #2 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
“Parties shouldn't happen in the lobby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

It's strange to me as a party planner that a wedding would be allowed to spill out of the ballroom and into the lobby where guests check in. For a five star hotel this doesn't make sense to me. The staff was helpful and our room was amazing... The bathtub was great as were the Molton Brown products. There's a pillow menu ( in the closet) and complimentary fridge! Nespresso machine too! It was a great hotel... Many be better management and planning could've helped?? Also some non tourist trap restaurant recommendations would've been nice too. I'll be back but just with more info on places to go!

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Jmarsh27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
danville, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

Loved everything about the Hermitage! It is a beautiful hotel full of history. Our rooms were spacious and comfortable and my daughter loved soaking in the tub after a night on the town each day. The room service food was oh so tasty. The location was perfect to the great live entertainment downtown. I was especially impressed with the level of service we received. I wish I had written down everyone's name as they all made our stay a great one but sadly, I only remember Evan who anticipated and took care of any need we might have and Noah who came in to help with a small TV problem and treated us to some wonderful stories about the history of this hotel! A small thing that was appreciated were the bedroom slippers that were much nicer than most high end hotels provide. Thank you Hermitage for making our three generation vacation a truly special one! Can't wait to visit again!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Maryville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for an extended weekend while he was participating in a competition. The room was spacious and clean and the bathroom was well appointed. The door man and service staff were very nice, the only service area lacking was the Concierge . My husband had booked some appointments for me using the Concierge . The massage at the hotel was amazing and I thanked my husband by phone. He then asked me why I was not at my second appointment. I was unaware of another appointment 4 blocks away. When I contacted the Concierge again to question if anything else had been scheduled he told me I was late for the second appointment. I physically ran the four blocks only to find out I was an hour and a half early. The service experience and communication at the front desk and Concierge was 2 stars at best. The other amenities and personnel were excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
2 Thank koigirl31
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

We had such a lovely stay at the Hermitage Hotel. The customer service is area of detail is noticed over a bigger property. I had a car filled to the max as I was about to move my daughter into college the next day. My friend who travels to Nashville frequently said there was no other place to stay that my things would be so safe. They knew my name quickly at valet. they were professional, helpful and knowledgeable. I would definitely stay again at this hotel. The lobby is one of the prettiest I have ever seen in an American hotel. It felt very old world like a European hotel. Very classy and elegant. It you don't care about the newest and latest and like a hotel with service and charm this is where you want to stay.

Room Tip: I believe it did have wifi free if I am not mistaken. The toiletries were also really good. There...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Was fortunate to stay here this week. Classically beautiful lobby, great staff, functional rooms. (yeah--real water pressure.) Good location. Definitely felt special staying here and would book again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Bobwphilly
Key West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Even though this is a Forbes 5 star hotel and the only 5 star hotel in Tennessee I really did not have any expectations when I checked into this hotel. The short and sweet........the hotel is located in great central location in downtown Nashville with some rooms overlooking the state capital. The staff were very polite and responsive. The physical condition of the hotel is excellent including the lobby, restaurant, bar and rooms. Room 312 was nicely configured with entrance foyer, large room and great bathroom with double vanity, soaking tub and separate shower. I will stay at this hotel on my next visit to Nashville without hesitation. No the knit picky items: 1. restaurant and bar are very good but located in the basement - no natural light. 2. beautiful lobby is under utilized - perfect gathering place for drinks and nice music...hint hint management. 3. some noise between room with connecting door. 4. room was not vacuumed daily and room carpet needed to be stretched as there were multiple sizable ripples............small things but it's a Forbes 5 Star.

Room Tip: High floor facing State Capital or 6th Avenue.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank kecoco
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

The staff was very friendly and efficient, the room was very nice with a view of the capitol. Location is good, with a short walk to Broadway and entertainment. I did not find anything about this hotel that awed me, and the price per room night is certainly in the area of extraordinary.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple