“Experience Service Beyond Value”
Review of Hermitage Hotel

Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #3 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Experience Service Beyond Value”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

An exquisitely renovated hotel, the real beauty of this hotel experience is in interacting with the people across the workforce, from events and catering managers, to front desk, through housekeeping and other providers of services. Every experience I had with a hotel employee was positive.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The hotel lobby was beautiful! The rooms were also beautiful and spacious and quiet and the windows open! The staff was very helpful and courteous. The bathroom in our room was large. Really a great experience.

We ordered room service one night and the portion was a bit small on the steak salad. I understand the beef was Kobe but a few more greens and or vegetables would have been appreciated.

Room Tip: The rooms were very spacious which is great for families and very quiet. Our room was on the 8th flo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Madison, Mississippi
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I just had the worst experience at the Hermitage Hotel!! We had a small group come into the Oak Bar about 15 mins before last call. The staff was totally rude and not wanting to wait on us in the first place. We had 1 drink, asked to pay our tab so that "the staff"could close out in time. When we got up to leave we were confronted by the bartender in a VERY RUDE manner for NOT PAYING!!! When we had all paid 15 mins prior. Once we informed her that we had already paid, she proceeded to check with other staff members to confirm. FYI … This staff needs to remember the customer service policy and NOT try and judge!! Little does she know one of guest in the party may have been Warren Buffets niece!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank EARP1234
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed in this hotel in March 2014. The hotel is beautiful. The staff is extremely courteous and helpful. They offered great suggestions for sight seeing and restaurants. The room is spacious and the bathroom is very large - two sinks, separate shower and oversized bathtub. From the flowers in the hotel entryway to the turndown service - everything was perfect. We left a small item behind in the room and we promptly received an email, inquiring whether we would like for them to mail the item to us. Really a wonderful hotel and highly recommend it to anyone staying in Nashville.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank JICAERCA
Nolensville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I saw a segment on this hotel on PBS Tennessee Crossroads. I was so intrigued, I went with a friend on a Wednesday evening to have a look for myself. It was stunning. From the sharp dressed doormen to the incredible detail inside, it was all I had anticipated. I was first struck by the quiet and absence of outside noise. I felt as if I had stepped into a classic European building. The stained glass ceiling in the lobby, the lovely veranda, and the cozy bar, outstanding restaurant, and especially, the snazzy art deco men's bathroom were worth taking time to explore. Yes, I did have a look in the men's room...the sign outside the door all but made it ok! While I didn't say the night, I enjoyed dinner in the Oak Bar and the time exploring the hotel. The hotel has it's own farm for the freshest offerings to table.

Afterwards, we walked across the street to TPAC and enjoyed a show.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
phoenix
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed here for business in Feb 2014. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The ceiling in the lobby is magnificent. The staff is super accommodating. Every staff person I interacted with was friendly and helpful in every way. The room is luxurious with a giant tub which I took advantage of daily. The room was large and the bathroom was spacious. The room does not include a refrigerator, but I requested one during reservations and it was in the room at my arrival. Be prepared to lay out some $$$ for your stay, $$ for meals and $$ for taxis to get around this town. There are several eateries within walking distance of the hotel although the weather wasn't very cooperative. There are also several bars and restaurants within walking distance. I loved this hotel and this town. It was fun and all the townspeople were exceptionally friendly. I used the gym in this hotel nearly every day. It was small but had good equipment. I did not use the spa. The bed and bedding in the room was awesome. I slept great. This hotel is spotless from top to bottom.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Gigi376
Reviewed March 11, 2014

What a great hotel. I was there for a business conference in the hotel. The welcome was great. The room was beautiful and the level of service was first rate. I look forward to coming back to the Hermitage again. Having the Capitol Grille and the Oak Room on site is a real plus. I cannot say enough nice things about this beautiful and well maintained Nashville gem.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business