“lovely hotel but a couple of niggles”
Review of Hermitage Hotel

Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #3 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“lovely hotel but a couple of niggles”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Let me start by saying that I love this hotel but as in my last stay there were a few niggles. The building is amazing its like stepping back in time. My junior suite was a very good size and the bathroom was beautiful, my first niggle is to do with the details, upon arrival the curtains at both windows were off the track at the corners, I called down to ask for them to be repaired and nothing happened !! I went down the following day and spoke to a manger about them and another problem ( more about that in a moment ) and she was very apologetic and said she would sort it out, when I returned at the end of the day one side had been repaired and as it was the worst one I let the matter drop. In fairness she did follow up and checked that everything was ok so points for that. My second niggle was with room service, the service itself was great the server was very nice ( as are all the staff ) and patient. The food however was not quite so good I ordered a very expensive steak to be cooked medium, mashed potatoes and charred sprouts. the food arrived in good time but the steak was very undercooked and I had no choice but to return it, when the steak returned it was the same piece of meat that had just been put back on the grill, this is after it had left the kitchen, come up to me, waited around to be collected, gone back down to the kitchen and then been put back on the grill I am not sure how safe this was, the vegetables where the same ones that had not been reheated so were cold and no dessert was ever served. The server told me that there had been a mistake and I had been sent the wrong steak in the first place. I spoke to the same manager ( see above ) who was very nice and straight away took it off my account, which was very nice but surely a hotel of this standard should never have let the above mistakes happen !! I had also asked to be in a room away from the building works which although I wasn't directly in front of them they were clearly visible and audible.However after all that I have said would I stay there again ? YES IN A NASHVILLE MINUTE !!

Room Tip: there is a lot of building work going on around the hotel so ask to be away from it
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank djh2601

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Loved this hotel! This was my first trip to Nashville and could not have been happier where we stayed. The hotel is beautiful with excellent detail and service. Everybody I encountered was so polite and helpful. The rooms and bathrooms were huge. Turndown service included a couple of cookies by your bed. And they were sooo good! You could easily walk to the main drag with all the music and bars. This is a great place to stay if you are visiting Nashville

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JMR524
Greenwich, CT
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We just spent 3 nights at the Hermitage Hotel in Nashville. This Southern "belle" is in the heart of downtown and within walking distance to a number of attractions.

The hotel is a grand old hotel that's been in business over 100 years. It is beautifully maintained, with large, nicely appointed rooms.

The hotel staff, from the bellhops to the waiters and the concierge couldn't be better. Within a half hour of arriving, everyone knew our names. We were treated like pampered guests, with genuine hospitality and graciousness.

The food is also very good. We enjoyed breakfasts fit for a king, as well as drinks and snacks at the adjoining, crowd pleasing bar. All in all, a truly wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RiseM
New Hope, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Hermitage hotel is about 3 short blocks from Broadway where the honky tonks are located. The hotel is very near also to Ryman Auditorium.
Hotel itself is very classy, very clean, with great service. Concierge was very nice and helpful to us. Doormen always say hello, welcome back, etc. Maid service was excellent including turn down service in evening.
Rooms were large and bathroom was luxurious with both a shower and a tub. Only criticism, and it is a small one, is that the bath did not have hand lotion, although it did have bath bubbles/ oil and all other amenities.
We ate one night at the Oak Room, which is the restaurant in the hotel. Again, very classy, great service, and prices were reasonable for a first class restaurant. I wasn't sure which wine to order, and waiter kindly offered me a taste of both, and helped me do a blind taste test. Turns out after blind test I ordered the cheaper house wine, and it was good at any price and excellent value.
Also, a pleasant surprise on our stay was that we saw ABC Nashville TV show being filmed in the lobby at the hotel one afternoon. We had returned from our sightseeing and the lobby was blocked for the filming. However, we were able to quietly enter the lobby via the elevator and the ABC staff let us stay on the side and watch the filming. Very interesting. While you won't necessarily experience that, it is evidence of the friendliness of all of the people we met while in Nashville.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joel W
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was amazed at the attention to detail! the service was excellent! I arrived with my two malteses and they had beds, food and water for them! This was wonderful little touch! they use Molton Brown soap I was in heaven! Don't forget to check out that the mens room in the Oak bar is world famous!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Farley R
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The small details are what make this a great hotel! Very comfy beds!
Also ate a few times at the oak bar it is awesome. The fried bologna sandwiches are to die for. Happy hour apps are 1/2 so try one really no joke they are that good!

• Stayed September 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Amazing experience. Rooms are huge and clean. Was truly a pleasure to be a guest at the Hermitage. The staff is exceptional. Highly recommend this hotel. I was truly able to mix business with pleasure here

• Stayed September 2013