“Beautiful Hotel with Great Service”
Review of Hermitage Hotel

Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #3 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
New York City, New York
“Beautiful Hotel with Great Service”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Loved this hotel! This was my first trip to Nashville and could not have been happier where we stayed. The hotel is beautiful with excellent detail and service. Everybody I encountered was so polite and helpful. The rooms and bathrooms were huge. Turndown service included a couple of cookies by your bed. And they were sooo good! You could easily walk to the main drag with all the music and bars. This is a great place to stay if you are visiting Nashville

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JMR524

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Greenwich, CT
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We just spent 3 nights at the Hermitage Hotel in Nashville. This Southern "belle" is in the heart of downtown and within walking distance to a number of attractions.

The hotel is a grand old hotel that's been in business over 100 years. It is beautifully maintained, with large, nicely appointed rooms.

The hotel staff, from the bellhops to the waiters and the concierge couldn't be better. Within a half hour of arriving, everyone knew our names. We were treated like pampered guests, with genuine hospitality and graciousness.

The food is also very good. We enjoyed breakfasts fit for a king, as well as drinks and snacks at the adjoining, crowd pleasing bar. All in all, a truly wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RiseM
New Hope, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Hermitage hotel is about 3 short blocks from Broadway where the honky tonks are located. The hotel is very near also to Ryman Auditorium.
Hotel itself is very classy, very clean, with great service. Concierge was very nice and helpful to us. Doormen always say hello, welcome back, etc. Maid service was excellent including turn down service in evening.
Rooms were large and bathroom was luxurious with both a shower and a tub. Only criticism, and it is a small one, is that the bath did not have hand lotion, although it did have bath bubbles/ oil and all other amenities.
We ate one night at the Oak Room, which is the restaurant in the hotel. Again, very classy, great service, and prices were reasonable for a first class restaurant. I wasn't sure which wine to order, and waiter kindly offered me a taste of both, and helped me do a blind taste test. Turns out after blind test I ordered the cheaper house wine, and it was good at any price and excellent value.
Also, a pleasant surprise on our stay was that we saw ABC Nashville TV show being filmed in the lobby at the hotel one afternoon. We had returned from our sightseeing and the lobby was blocked for the filming. However, we were able to quietly enter the lobby via the elevator and the ABC staff let us stay on the side and watch the filming. Very interesting. While you won't necessarily experience that, it is evidence of the friendliness of all of the people we met while in Nashville.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joel W
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was amazed at the attention to detail! the service was excellent! I arrived with my two malteses and they had beds, food and water for them! This was wonderful little touch! they use Molton Brown soap I was in heaven! Don't forget to check out that the mens room in the Oak bar is world famous!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Farley R
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The small details are what make this a great hotel! Very comfy beds!
Also ate a few times at the oak bar it is awesome. The fried bologna sandwiches are to die for. Happy hour apps are 1/2 so try one really no joke they are that good!

• Stayed September 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Amazing experience. Rooms are huge and clean. Was truly a pleasure to be a guest at the Hermitage. The staff is exceptional. Highly recommend this hotel. I was truly able to mix business with pleasure here

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Giraffe5023
NY
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Let me begin by saying that I am VERY picky when it comes to hotels and I am always willing to pay more for a room I will be happy with.

The Hermitage Hotel in Nashville, TN is by far the best hotel I have stayed in. From the moment we entered, we felt right at home - every employee made us feel as though we were the most important person standing in front of them.

The room was spotless and believe me, I check everything. I was so very impressed because even having stayed at some of the best hotels, I have always come across some type of issue in the room, even minor issues, but not here. Very pleased!

The location is terrific as well - we did not rent a car and really didn't need to - the majority of places we wanted to see were within walking distance. The area the hotel is located in is very safe and I did not feel uncomfortable walking at 10 pm alone with my daughter at all.

The restaurant on property, Capital Grille, is terrific as well - very pricey, but delicious offerings. The owners have a farm and literally grow all of the products that they offer - it is quite impressive and it comes through in the fresh taste of the offerings.

If I had to say anything negative and I really hesitate to even mention it is the food offerings between lunch and dinner as well as room service later in the evening. There is a very limited menu offered at these times - but really, this is the only negative I could think of and it wasn't a big deal at all.

I would highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely stay again when we return to Nashville.

Room Tip: We had a room looking at the Capital building which was quite lovely.