“Beautiful property”

and 1 more site!
The Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #4 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This hotel is gorgeous and well located.The interior is gorgeous and they have a decent gym for workouts. We had breakfast at the restaurant which was good but a bit expensive. We didn't eat dinner there.

Room Tip: Right now there is a reno going on across the street so ask to stay in a room that won't hear th...
1  Thank Jillnt6772
Write a ReviewReviews (1,652)

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Oh how I loved the South and The Hermitage was beyond exceptional!

I decided to stay at The Hermitage based on Tripadvisor reviews and I was not disappointed. From the minute that I arrived, I was treated to good old fashioned Southern hospitality (oh and those accents made me swoon! Ha!) I found all the staff to be attentive, yet not intrusive as well as extremely friendly and professional. As I only had a couple of days to enjoy Nashville, the concierge were very helpful in assisting me make the most of my time.

The Hermitage is elegant, yet intimate, and whilst 100 years old and traditionally decorated, it feels brand new. My room was breathtaking - one of the largest hotel rooms I have stayed in and by far the most beautifully appointed bathroom I have seen in any hotel across the world. After travelling across the US and Mexico for a number of weeks, it was so nice to call this beautiful hotel home for a few days!

Within close proximity to everything Nashville has to offer, I was able to walk everywhere safely which was important to me as I was travelling alone.

The Hermitage and its staff really did live up to its reputation and I will be forever grateful that I had the opportunity to stay at The Hermitage and will always remember my time in Nashville and the South with fond memories. Hopefully I can return one day!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank bbriedis
Reviewed February 27, 2013

If you always stay at five star hotels, this will not disappoint. Everything feels lush and is exquisite. If like me, you are selective and mix it up, then this would not be where I would splurge. If you are selecting between here and the opryland hotel ( I think that is its name ) then there is no comparison.

Pro - elegant and refined, superior staff, lush accommodations. Great water pressure.
Con- impersonal, large.

Room Tip: Construction across the street ask for quiet room.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Recently I had a chance to visit this wonderful hotel. It was my first time and I can say, "it was an experience I have shared with others, over and over." Earlier that morning, as I traveled, I heard an advertisement about customer service in hotels and what causes them to have staying power. The greeters at the door, the kind words at the front desk and those staff members who had the right questions to good eating in Nashville. I have told all the folks back home and in the hospice industry in which I work, the Hermtage Hotel in Nashville is the place to stay. Thank you and I intend to stay again the future. Cynthia J. Finch, LMSW, Smoky Mountain Hospice - Knoxville,TN

Room Tip: Be sure to bring along your swimsuit.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Cynthia Thomas F
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful time. The cost was worth every penny! My wife was surprised with a one hour swedish massage. Our room was ready early. Everyone treated us like royalty. The late night room service food was very good. The bed was extremely comfortable. Every employee was on top of their game as well as the goings on of Nashville. Our best Valentine's Day experience yet.

Room Tip: We had a corner room with a view of the TN Capital building. It was very nice!
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My fiance & I had THE MOST WONDERFUL experience at The Hermitage Hotel this past weekend. We both travel quite a bit & are fortunate to stay at some very nice properties when we travel for business (Ritz-Carlton, Waldorf, Union League, etc.), but we both agreed that this hotel is the nicest place we've ever stayed.

The facilities are stunning, but what makes the stay so memorable is the exceptional service. From the reservation agent, to the valet, to the front desk staff, we were always greeted with a smile & our needs were always put first. We dined at the Capitol Grille & not only was our food perfection, but our waiter/sommelier, Pete, made every aspect of dinner a delight. Additionally, one of the staff, Hannah, who we've worked with for an upcoming event, sent a complimentary bottle of champagne & some chocolates to our room during dinner - it was a wonderful surprise to find those waiting for us when we returned!

I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Nashville - or to locals looking for the best place to have a "staycation" of your own!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Outstanding hotel located in downtown Nashville. Great value for such a wonderful experience. Such a great history of hotel as to guests that have styled at The Hermitage. Easy walking distance to a large number of music venues on and near Broadway.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business