“what a hotel!”

The Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #4 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed December 28, 2012

this is old school - beyond gorgeous - HUGE rooms and lovely people
the doormen were super helpful and people could not do enough to help us - we were here on business and our whole group stayed here and no one had a bad thing to say about anything

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Have been staying here whenever I am in Nashville for over six yeas now and have never been disappointed, stay here every opportunity I can. I really like the personal service and especially the attentive and friendly staff. The Hermitage is a First Class luxury experience from the minute you walk in! On site there is an excellent restaurant and if you want to go out Morton's is a 5 minute walk around the corner.

1  Thank Dale T
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed for four days at the Hermitage hotel in Nashville during a business trip and would rate this as one of the best hotels I have stayed in combining historic atmosphere with faultless service and a prime location. The lobby of the hotel makes a huge impression and the attention to detail apPlies to everything else in the hotel. The service was excellent and the hotel certainly justifies the southern states reputation for hospitality. The food in restaurant was excellent - for breakfast I can recommend the signature dish of Jack Daniels infused toast. The bar is also recommended and has a superb selection of bourbon whiskey. The location is very central and so a short walk from the music venues on Broadway and many restaurants. it also offers some good running routes nearby as well as An attractive gym. I can highly recommend this hotel.

2  Thank MarekFilipiak
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Older hotel but very clean and nicely maintained. The staff is excellent and we will definitely return when back in Nashville. The only negative was the Capitol restaurant was not as good as we had expected.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed only one night and I regret that it was only one night at this fabulous hotel. Everyone from doormen to concierge and desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was so comfortable and beautifully appointed. The bathroom was immaculate and very roomy We had breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel where we had requested some gluten free items for my husband the day before and the pancakes with fresh berries were delicious. Also loved the spiced tea and Christmas cookies in the late afternoon. Following our checkout we asked about keeping our car in the hotel garage and were able to do so while we continued to sight see with no further charge. This experience will make it very difficult to stay in lesser hotels in the future!

Room Tip: Our room faced in and did not have much of a view but it did not matter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan Z
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have had two recent visits to Nashville, Tennessee, where I stayed at the Hermitage Hotel. On both occasions I was swept away by the quality of the experiences and the level of service. The hotel's staff was simply tremendous, along every dimension of my stay! Moreover, the food, both room-service and in the restaurant was fantastic! I recommend it highly!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

My wife and I just loved this hotel. Everything from the staff to the cleanliness to the rooms... We usually stay at Four Seasons whenever there is one because of how perfect they do things. The Hermitage has brought it to the next level. Maybe the Four Seasons should come in for a visit. They may learn a couple things. I would be questioning any bad reviews of this hotel. Cant wait to return!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple