“The Hermitage Hotel, A Jewel in beautiful Nashville”

The Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #4 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed December 13, 2012

From the moment you arrive you are in for an extraordinary experience. The entire staff makes you feel right at home, there's never a gap in superb service, never. This was the finest experience in a magnifcent Hotel with incredible history and kept beautifully. The rooms, the amenities, the food and atmoshere were trully fantastic. I would not hesitate to recommend staying at the Hermitage. It was an incredible experience. My wife's nephew held their wedding reception in the hotel and it went off without a hitch. I would go out of my way to stay here a gain.. Thanks!

Room Tip: Our entire family stayed in a different rooms on different floors and in different locations and all...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Top of the line service. This has been one of my favorite hotel stays of all time. It is truly 5 star. We stopped by on a whim on the way to Ohio for an appointment for my husband. This has made a stressful trip very enjoyable for both of us. Thank you, we will be back for a longer stay sometime soon.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel will treat you like royalty. It was clean, beautiful, wonderfully appointed. Total attention to detail. I will definitely return to this hotel. The restaurant was great too. They have a sustainable garden not far from nashville where the chef trades in his chef white for overalls. They have some livestock, herbs, and vegetables that supply the restaurant. There was a write-up in Southern Living magazine about it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel is always the cleanest, nicest, most spectacular hotel to stay at while in Nashville. My wife and I try to go every couple of months just to stay there and get away from work. Staff is always helpful and rooms are fantastic. We sometimes just sit in the lobby by the fire for hours and enjoy the room. I have never had a bad experience there. You can also eat at Capitol Grille one of my favorite places to eat in the world. This is not the franchise "the capital grille". Capitol Grille is better.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Hermitage Hotel was awarded AAA's Five Diamond Award in 2012, and voted "one of the Finest Hotels in the World" by Forbes Travel Guide in 2012. After staying there for three nights I can see why. From the time I made reservations, until we checked out, Kimberly at the front desk was helpful, friendly, and professional. The doormen and valets assisted me with my mom's wheelchair and were pleasant each time we requested the car. When we needed a late check out, it was no problem. We rented two rooms that adjoined, and the space was amazing. One room had two queen beds, and a beautiful bathroom. It adjoined a King room with its own full bath also. The view of the Capitol with a lighted Christmas tree was special. Vickie, the concierge, assisted us with obtaining tickets to The Grand Ole Opry, and the ICE exhibit. Perfect service in every way. The rooms were comfortable and spacious--the amenities were the finest, the pillow options were great, the deep tub in the marble bathroom was relaxing.
The lobby of this over 100 year old hotel is breathtaking! The lighted Christmas tree, along with all the other Christmas decorations in the Grand Ballroom and the mirrored tiled hall give extra warmth to your holiday vacation.
We ate breakfast each morning at the Capital Grille, the restaurant on site. We also had lunch there on the day we arrived. Chancey was our waitress and was personable, and knowledgeable. Great sandwiches as well as entrees! Phillip was our waiter for breakfast and he, too, provided exceptional service. The homemade bisquits, along with Vermont's best preserves were delicious. In the afternoon snacks of spiced hot tea and delectable Christmas cookies were offered in the lobby.
The location was perfect for us to take my mom to the "Grand Ole Opry" as it was at the Ryman during this time of year. Also, we walked to church on Sunday only a couple blocks away. It was close to a great deal of action on Broadway also.
Suggestion: this is a "preferred hotel". Therefore, register with "I Prefer" and make your reservation through them to receive free extras. Also be aware of the costly overnight charge to park. It was $26 a night. Although, this hotel is expensive, for a special occasion, save a little more, and stay here. You will be glad you did.

Room Tip: Rooms on a higher floor looking at the Capitol are quieter with a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank martyjean
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had a great 3 day weekend in Nashville staying at the Hermitage. Every staff person was EXCEPTIONALLY friendly, from Austin the doorman/valet to Chancey the waitress in the Capitol Grill. The lobby was beautifully decorated for the holiday season, and the rooms were perfect. Very comfortable bed, great water pressure in the shower, and luxurious bath sheets. In a word, Perfection!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is the only 5 star hotel in Nashville. I just spent 3 nights there. It is a 100+ year hotel and has a grand old world charm to it. You can feel the history in the walls. The hotel has been updated as much as possible but obviously cannot compare to a new hotel in terms of technology and the latest and greatest. Having said that, I enjoyed my stay other than the constant drilling hammering and exploding that is going on a few doors down.

The water pressure is good and the bath amenities and Molton Brown. The Capitol Grille in the basement of the hotel is good food at reasonable prices (dinner for 3 with 4 drinks, apps, entree and desert and tip was $296). One problem I had was that my salmon was raw. I didn't send it back however as my guests would have not been impressed. I mentioned it to the waitress "Chauncey" at breakfast the next day and she said she would take care of it, but nothing was done on my bill (although she was very lovely and sweet and attentive as a server).

I would return to this hotel if I need to come back to Nashville.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business