“Exceptional Service- southern style”

and 1 more site!
The Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #4 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Hermitage Hotel was awarded AAA's Five Diamond Award in 2012, and voted "one of the Finest Hotels in the World" by Forbes Travel Guide in 2012. After staying there for three nights I can see why. From the time I made reservations, until we checked out, Kimberly at the front desk was helpful, friendly, and professional. The doormen and valets assisted me with my mom's wheelchair and were pleasant each time we requested the car. When we needed a late check out, it was no problem. We rented two rooms that adjoined, and the space was amazing. One room had two queen beds, and a beautiful bathroom. It adjoined a King room with its own full bath also. The view of the Capitol with a lighted Christmas tree was special. Vickie, the concierge, assisted us with obtaining tickets to The Grand Ole Opry, and the ICE exhibit. Perfect service in every way. The rooms were comfortable and spacious--the amenities were the finest, the pillow options were great, the deep tub in the marble bathroom was relaxing.
The lobby of this over 100 year old hotel is breathtaking! The lighted Christmas tree, along with all the other Christmas decorations in the Grand Ballroom and the mirrored tiled hall give extra warmth to your holiday vacation.
We ate breakfast each morning at the Capital Grille, the restaurant on site. We also had lunch there on the day we arrived. Chancey was our waitress and was personable, and knowledgeable. Great sandwiches as well as entrees! Phillip was our waiter for breakfast and he, too, provided exceptional service. The homemade bisquits, along with Vermont's best preserves were delicious. In the afternoon snacks of spiced hot tea and delectable Christmas cookies were offered in the lobby.
The location was perfect for us to take my mom to the "Grand Ole Opry" as it was at the Ryman during this time of year. Also, we walked to church on Sunday only a couple blocks away. It was close to a great deal of action on Broadway also.
Suggestion: this is a "preferred hotel". Therefore, register with "I Prefer" and make your reservation through them to receive free extras. Also be aware of the costly overnight charge to park. It was $26 a night. Although, this hotel is expensive, for a special occasion, save a little more, and stay here. You will be glad you did.

Room Tip: Rooms on a higher floor looking at the Capitol are quieter with a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank martyjean
Write a ReviewReviews (1,652)

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had a great 3 day weekend in Nashville staying at the Hermitage. Every staff person was EXCEPTIONALLY friendly, from Austin the doorman/valet to Chancey the waitress in the Capitol Grill. The lobby was beautifully decorated for the holiday season, and the rooms were perfect. Very comfortable bed, great water pressure in the shower, and luxurious bath sheets. In a word, Perfection!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is the only 5 star hotel in Nashville. I just spent 3 nights there. It is a 100+ year hotel and has a grand old world charm to it. You can feel the history in the walls. The hotel has been updated as much as possible but obviously cannot compare to a new hotel in terms of technology and the latest and greatest. Having said that, I enjoyed my stay other than the constant drilling hammering and exploding that is going on a few doors down.

The water pressure is good and the bath amenities and Molton Brown. The Capitol Grille in the basement of the hotel is good food at reasonable prices (dinner for 3 with 4 drinks, apps, entree and desert and tip was $296). One problem I had was that my salmon was raw. I didn't send it back however as my guests would have not been impressed. I mentioned it to the waitress "Chauncey" at breakfast the next day and she said she would take care of it, but nothing was done on my bill (although she was very lovely and sweet and attentive as a server).

I would return to this hotel if I need to come back to Nashville.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2012

If you're looking at the Hermitage, you know you'll be spending a decent chunk to stay there compared to other local lodgings. But when it comes to this place, you get what you pay for. The doormen and valets were all very helpful, personable, and friendly. The concierge was knowledgeable and able to help with most anything from a band-aid to the best places to go out without having to even get in a cab. Room service is quick and courteous, and they always had my morning paper there before I got up.

In terms of beauty, Hermitage is gorgeous. The lobby and sitting area is absolutely breathtaking, I was a big fan of the Capital Grille downstairs, and the rooms are very nice. Location-wise, it's also great. You're only about 4 blocks from Lower Broadway and all the fun Nashville has to offer. If you're willing to spend a few bucks, I highly advise staying here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed at The Hermitage Hotel after our wedding several months ago. We took a fun afternoon ahead of the wedding to go look at the rooms and pick something special for our wedding night. We chose a corner room with views of the Capitol, but were pleasantly surprised when we arrived to have been moved to an enormous suite. We had two bathrooms, a living room, and a massive bedroom. Everything about this hotel is amazing. It is beautiful, spacious, accommodating and personal. They had put stationary in our room with our names on it (first time as a married couple), breakfast room service was prompt and delicious. I just wished we could have spent more time there! We will definitely be returning for anniversaries and special occasions for the rest of our lives; it will always be a special place to us and I couldn't speak more highly of the hotel. Don't even think twice about it, just stay here. It is the best hotel in Nashville.

Room Tip: If you go in advance, they will show you the rooms and help you pick one. A great idea if it is a sp...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Hermitage Hotelmis beautiful. And the rooms are absolutely lovely. That being said, my husband and I wear jeans to travel, we try to quietly move chairs in a bar to fit our group, etc. We are both classy young professionals who obviously make enough to
afford The Hermitage. However the behavior of several staff members was snooty and rude towards us and other parties we were around. This statement does exclude the doormen though as they were always extremely kind and gracious. Again, it's a lovely hotel and perhaps we caught staff in bad days but it definitely wasnt worth the prices charged for a room (or drink).

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AtlantaAnna79
Reviewed November 25, 2012

A luxury hotel in a rather unattractive part of Nashville. We loved the decor, the room (junior suite) and the hospitality. We were less struck with breakfast, which seemed to take an hour to arrive, although when it did it was tasty.
Comfortable beds, good internet wifi connection, and an historic ambiance. terrific hotel. We just weren't that struck on Nashville, to be honest....

Room Tip: Junior suites were nice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family