“Oak Bar at the Hermitage Hotel”
Review of Hermitage Hotel

Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #4 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Chicago, Illinois
“Oak Bar at the Hermitage Hotel”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We didn't stay at the hotel but we had drinks in the Oak Bar which is a great retreat from the action. It's a nice low key place to enjoy conversation and have a drink and or a light bite to eat. It is beautiful Oak panel room with comfortable seating. As a side note don't forget to go see the Art Deco, beautiful restored bathrooms! They are stunning...esp the men's room (I had a man stand guard so I could go look in it) Ladies see my pictures of it if you aren't daring enough to go in ;-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Florida
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Outstanding service at every level. Lots of room. If the little things matter this is your hotel. Great location to the new convention center, Broadway, stadium, and downtown country music venues.
Be ready to spent some coin for the room but the restaurant and bar are reasonable. One of the better hotels i've every stayed.

Room Tip: Corner rooms facing the capital building provide nice views. Good breakfast place: Pucketts and 417.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Illinois
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I have stayed in many hotels, but the Hermitage has to be the best one we have stayed in. Our suite was really big and the bathroom was huge, with a walkin glass shower and a big sit down tube with a vanity with 2 sinks and all the extras. The place was immaculate not any dust or anything, it was spotless, the cleanest room we have ever stayed in. The bed was comfy and the linens were amazing. The breakfast we had at the Capitol Grill downstairs was really good and the service fast and the place was spotless just like the room. The lobby is something to behold with the marble and high ceilings. This place is really nice. You have to stay here when in Nashville.

Room Tip: "Get a room with a view of the Capitol building"
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bluesfanillinois
Albany, New York
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here for a girls' getaway weekend at the end of August. Great location, easy walking distance to Broadway.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The bathroom is amazing - perfect for four girls getting ready at the same time.
We had breakfast every morning as part of our package. Food and service excellent. Also enjoyed drinks at the Oak Bar.
The service at the Hermitage is excellent. Everyone is very friendly and professional. Special thanks to Vickie the concierge, Brad and the bellman.
I would LOVE to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank wheljenn
Greenwood, Mississippi
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I just visited the Hermitage and have to say it truly is a remarkable hotel! The staff is top notch in every way and make you feel like you are in the finest hotel in the world. The rooms are extremely comfortable with every amenity from robes and slippers to iPod docks. The bathroom is really where the room gets my top review, it is over the top! Trust me this hotel is a wonderful experience! Don't forget the Resturant ....wonderful food and again, top notch service!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bargerb
Richfield, Ohio
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This classic hotel is not new but the facilities are in perfect shape; elegant and comfortable.

I / we have stayed here three times. This past weekend being the most recent. The first time I was stranded in Nashville due to weather back home. AmEx recommended the Hermitage so I went there. I had no bags or accessories etc. Couldn't have been treated nicer. They even gave me a complimentary massage to help me recover from a long day on a bench at the airport. Needless to say, I won't ever visit Nashville without staying at the Hermitage.

My wife and I have been back twice and simply love this hotel (and we travel extensively and often). The decor, the beds, the TV's, etc. are excellent. And the bathroom is gorgeous. The water pressure and shower heads in the showers are amazing. This facility is top notch in all ways.

The restaurant is excellent but the Oak Bar is even better, extensive whiskey selection in an old clubroom atmosphere.

But what really brings us back is the customer service. I've spent 10 days camped there over the last 3 years and I have not a single complaint. The staff exude warmth and friendliness, always eager to go the extra mile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JWOrtho
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a weekend in Nashville. We treated ourselves by staying at the top-rated hotel in the city. There were a lot of things that were great about it, and a couple things that weren't...the staff is exceptional...all of them. Every person said hello, hoped we were enjoying our stay, and actually said it like they meant it. The decor is awesome and is one of the main features of this historic place. When we arrived, the valet took care of our vehicle, the bellman was instantly taking care of our luggage, and the doorman greeted us with a smile. Upon enetering, you are taken aback by the style and the design of the grand lobby. A true treasure. We took one of the two elevators up to our room and proceded to open the room door. We were both very impressed with the stateliness and cleanliness of the room. The service was awesome. Turn-down included water, cookies, robes, slippers. We ordered dine-in breakfast and it was perfect, delivered at the exact time we requested. The people really make the Hermitage worth the price. Here are a couple "downers".... they were hosting a wedding the weekend we were there. At time, this impacted valet parking. The entire Grand Lobby was roped off on Saturday night, which really bothered me as this is a focal part of the hotel for guests to enjoy and...last time I checked my credit card statement...I paid for my right to enjoy the lobby. The wedding also caused us to reconsider our reservations at Capitol Grille. We had reservations for Saturday night, but were concerned that the level of service would suffer due to the fact that the staff would be focusing on the wedding. We cancelled and walkd to Morton's instead...which was only around the block. The next time I plan a wwkend in Nashville, I will consider the Hermitage...they have a great, convenient location...but I will check to see if there will be any weddings during the visit. If so, I will likely stay at one of the other downtown hotels.
Most of them include breakfast with the stay, which the Hermitage does not do. Also, there is no convenient public parking. Be prepared to spend an extra $30 per day if you have a vehicle.

Room Tip: Get a room that is farther away from the elevators as people tend to be noisy when they get on or of...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple