“Quick Trip”

Sheraton Music City Hotel
Ranked #55 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Clean hotel...efficient shuttle from the airport and area shopping, call about 15 minutes prior to being picked up...would likely come back when it is warmer to enjoy more..breakfast buffet at 0630...Georgia ice cream...biscuits and bacon as well as fruits and gravy...

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul N
thierry g, Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about the quality of the food you received at the Old Hickory Grill restaurant. Our Housekeeping team take a great deal of pride in their work and it shows! How kind of you to recognize their efforts.

We hope you will return for another visit when you find yourself back in Nashville.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Came here for a three day, two night business conference. I enjoyed the room and hotel in general. I had a king room on the back side of the hotel, second floor, so noise was minimal (not many neighbors, but it wasn't peak season, either).
All the rooms have balconies, some facing in (on the courtayrd), the rest facing out. As others note, the hotel could use some updating, a little style refreshing. My room was large, and the bed was quite comfortable. Good water temperature and pressure in the shower. Plenty of stretching-out space, and space in the closet. Our days were packed so I didn't watch TV; but I thought it was nice that the TV hotel channel welcomed the conference and other guest if they were part of an event at the hotel (channel was on when I got to the room). Their in-room coffee is Starbucks. AC system is quiet and control of temperature is good.
My only issue was housekeeping missed my room the first night. I'm sure it was unintentional, and when our group went out for the evening, I stopped at the front and noted the oversight; it was rectified before I returned. All the housekeeping staff smiled and greeted me when I passed them in the hall.
The front desk folks were pleasant. They keep good on the pre-checking requests for folks. I had a colleague who cheekily asked for a framed photo of Arnold Schwarzenneger in his room and got it! I only asked for a mini-fridge for my meds, and it was in the room when I got there.
The food was pretty amazing for a hotel. I do think the breakfast buffet was a tad over-priced but the food was decent, and service excellent. Our event breakfast and lunch buffets were terrific, lots of tasty food and again, terrific, friendly service.
Hotel meeting rooms were good, though I will say the chairs are suited to sitting for 45 minutes at best.
There is a shuttle that will take you to/from the airport and to town, which is a short drive away. Our group didn't get to sight-see, so I can't say if the hotel is convenient for this; but Nashville isn't a big town.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Sheraton Music City . We’re glad that you found our location so convenient for your business conference.
The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper is a wonderful bed, of which Sheraton is very proud, so to read that you rested so well on it was gratifying to hear.
I am really sorry with the challenges you had with housekeeping on the first day, I am glad our team was able to correct it.
We would love to have another opportunity to be of service to you at the Sheraton Music City.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife and I ended up staying at the Sheraton after some unexpected plumbing issues in our home. We booked on Priceline and got a great rate for the property. The hotel is nice and the service is pretty good. The rooms are large and comfortable. The beds are awesome. I could lay in them for hours. This is the second time I have stayed at this property and I would stay again (not at advertised rates).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
thierry g, Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper is a phenomenal bed so we completely understand what you are saying! Thank you for letting us know how well you rested during your stay.
We genuinely appreciate both your feedback and your business, both mean a lot to us. Until the next time…

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights on business in early March. Booked through a discount site so was worth the rate, but I would not have paid anything near the published rates for what they offer.

Room was very large and comfortable, bed was nice, property was pretty quiet even for a weekend. Bathroom was small'ish and limited amenities for Starwood property. Towels were fine, no better than most 2-3 star venues. No mini fridge though is listed on their website so maybe by request only...not sure. Got free wifi for being a Starwood member, otherwise was $9.95/day.

Hotel was pretty close to airport but not terribly convenient to shopping or restaurants. 12 minute drive to Opryland area, so that was convenient. Service was fine, I was able to check in early and had no complaints. Hotel and room were pretty clean. Big drawback was the décor in the room and the hotel -- flashback to the 80s, not modern at all. You can tell this was at one time a pretty fancy place, but time has passed it by.

Would stay again for the big discount rate I got, but not otherwise.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelPics825

We were happy to hear that you like the size of our rooms and enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed.
We are a full service hotel and min-fridge are only on request.
We would love to have another opportunity to be of service to you.
Thank you again for providing feedback to us, we can assure you we will put it to good use.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed here on our first night in Nashville. The hotel lobby is very nice however we checked in and they gave us a room down at the end of a long hallway off the beaten path of the other rooms. We noticed a banquet table propped by the wall directly across from our room but didn't give it much thought. The room itself was clean but basic. By 7 am we found out the table was a registration table. they were doing a kids program and registering kids right next to our room in the hallway. Tons of crying kids, and loud conversations. It was ridiculous, they spoke so loudly it seemed they were all in our room all morning even after we walked outside and said it was really loud and we couldn't sleep. I called and complained but they offered nothing besides an apology. Besides the constant noise we had the privacy notice up and had housekeeping knock at our door 3 times after we told them no each time and to not disturb us. we were beyond frustrated and arrived in Nashville late in the evening and ended up getting virtually little sleep with the constant noise and interruptions. I was not impressed with this Sheraton compared to the many others I have stayed at and would never return. Very disappointed as I am a spg member and usually choose the Sheraton, or W because of my membership. My advice to others is to stay closer to downtown and at a place you can actually sleep. I would skip this and head over to Vanderbilt Homewood suites. Nice room and the customer service is wonderful. We wish we had spent all our nights there instead of wasting a nights sleep at the Sheraton Music city

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sharla5523

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review about your experience. Of course, we would have loved to be have been rated five stars on every aspect of your stay, as we certainly do not strive to be just average.
Please accept our apologies for the noise and housekeeping knocking on the door early in the morning. This is certainly not the Sheraton Music City experience we aim to provide to our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. I have notified our management team so that we may look further into these issues.
We genuinely appreciate the feedback you provided to us, to use in our never-ending quest for continuous improvement. Thank you for your feedback and your business, both mean a lot to us.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed here for one night, traveling across the country. The place itself is impressive and I would recommend it highly for those who're planning to stay in Nashville for a few days.

The customer service was spotty. Again I only stayed a night so I'm not generalizing the staff. Just that lady cleaning the rooms. First off, I put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door because I still have ways to go and I want to get some good sleep in. Lo and behold, someone's knocking on my door at 8am.

As I'm already awake and the cleaning lady is next door, I asked if I can have an extra complimentary coffee because there's only enough for a 6oz cup. I guess they ration it because she said she doesn't have any and no apologies for her unsolicited wake up call. They way she answered me was surly too!

Anyway, I'm not buying the no coffee answer because I don't think they have a different person doing coffee rounds plus my room is a double so i'm expecting they have coffee for two people at least. She's the lady with the cart so I'm sure she got those there & not just clean towels!

Place is cool, service needs work. Can't have entitled people working customer service jobs.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed one night at the Sheraton Music City Hotel because I had to fly out the next day. The hotel is conveniently located to the airport, and a short drive to downtown Nashville. The service we received at the front desk was great, as well as from the bar staff. The server we had at breakfast the next morning was not so great, he was rather forgetful. The breakfast buffet had a good amount of choices (yogurt, cereal, fruit, pastries, grits, oatmeal, bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy, eggs). We were in room 2093, and had a terrible view out the window of some large piece of machinery, but it was nice that the room had a balcony. We had an issue with our toilet, which could only be flushed by removing the top and manually flushing the mechanism. I'm sure they would have fixed it that night if we had not been too exhausted to even care. I let them know when I checked out so hopefully it is fixed for the next guest! I say the value was very good because I bought the Groupon so it was $100 for the night with $30 for breakfast and free Wi-Fi. I'm not sure if it is a good value normally...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends