“Great hotel with many features and conveniently located” 4 of 5 stars

Sheraton Music City Hotel
Ranked #37 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tustin
“Great hotel with many features and conveniently located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a great hotel with many features such as a 24-hour fitness center, indoor pool and jacuzzi as well as a great outdoor pool area and patio. It also conveniently located near the airport, the Grand Ole Opry and downtown Nashville. It's located on a hill and has large, very nicely maintained grounds. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to serve all of our needs. Definitely one of the better hotels I've stayed at in the country.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for tips as they'll be happy to let you know the better rooms.
Green Features: The hotel's environmentally-friendly practices are similar to other hotels, but still need to be applauded.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

After reading some of the reviews on this property I was wondering what I was walking into. However, I found the hotel to be nicer than anticipated. It was clean, the staff were friendly and my room was large. The bar in the main lobby was expensive, but the food and drinks were well prepared. The staff was helpful and easy to find. The only negative would be that there is a musty odor in the hallway, but this could be due to the humidity.

I attended a conference at this hotel and really have no complaints. It was close to the airport, but not close to downtown Nashville.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a Junior Suite and was very happy with the room. I was as far as one could get fr...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stay at the Sheraton Music City Nashville everytime that I come there for business unless sold out. The customer service is always incredible, the hotel and my room is always fresh and clean. I love that the rooms have balconies and the views are great. The courtyard with the pool and hot tub is a bonus and the sitting area is always landscaped beautifully.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms that overlook the court yard
Green Features: I always take part of the green program when I stay at the Sheraton. Just knowing the little bit that I do helps the enviroment.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

If you prefer to be closer to the Opryland area than to downtown Nashville, the Sheraton Music City is a good choice. I stayed here to be close to the Grand Ole Opry for a Friday night performance and for an early flight the next morning. Atlhough the hotel is showing its age, I was completely satisfied. The hotel itself is a large, convention center style hotel that seems to have been constructed with tour groups in mind. Everything is large – the reception area, the lobby, the guest floors. This is definitely a high volume hotel, not a boutique hotel with five star service. The hotel goes on forever, so keep that in mind in choosing a room. Some are a long way from the elevators. Even though the hotel is located literally across the street from the Nashville airport (separated only by I-40), its location within a large wooded tract of land makes it feel more remote than it is (although you definintely hear a lot of airplane noise). My junior suite was relatively large and comfortably furnished. The furniture itself was a bit dated, but was comfortable. I had a separate sitting area with a sofa and two chairs, as well as a small galley area with a fridge. Although my room had a private balcony with chairs, my second floor location placed me behind some sort of brick façade, so I couldn’t really see anything. I was able to reach the Grand Ole Opry (about 9 miles away) with no trouble whatsoever, and got to the airport the next morning in just minutes (the hotel also offers a free shuttle). Free parking was provided in surface lots. Overall, if you don’t need to be in downtown Nashville (and if you have a car), this is a good choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I spent five nights at Sheraton Music City visiting family in September.

The first impression at most hotels I stay in is the valet parking and bellman of which there were neither at this hotel. Next of course would be check in.

Went to check in with "Balin" and twice during the check in process he commented "when you book your room through Hotwire you get what you get". Totally unnecessary comment. If Sheraton doesn't want to sell their rooms through Hotwire, then they shouldn't be listed with Hotwire. All other front desk employees that I came in contact with were friendly and helpful.

This hotel needs a good cleaning and some renovations. Tired furnishings and dirty carpet.

The bed was quite comfortable thankfully.

I did rent a car so getting around was OK but I will not stay at this Sheraton again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
thierry g, Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We are sorry that we fell short in making you feel welcome upon arrival. This is certainly not the Sheraton Music City experience we aim to provide to our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. I have notified our management team so that we may look further into these issues. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

Warm Regards
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We recently spent 5 nights here to attend a football game and see some of the sights. This Shereton has been around for quite a while and it shows. The hotel is located on the outskirts of Nashville and if you do not have a car you will go broke with cab fares to the city, although you are only about 20 minutes from downtown. Parking is free. The hotel runs a shuttle to the airport only. The rooms are not small and all have a balcony or patio. The bathroom is small and while it has been worked on, it still it difficult to move around. The housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired, unfortunately. Our room and our friends' were generally not cleaned until well into the afternoon. Glasses (plastic) were not replentished. Washcloths were missed on at least one occasion. Not sure how much cleaning was done.
Rooms do have flat screen TVs. Beds were more comfortable than expected.
The lobby is very nice with comfortable seating. Wifi is only available in the public areas of the hotel. There is a nice pool outside.
The staff was very accommodating, especially the concierge. We ate one meal (first breakfast) at the hotel and the food was acceptable, but typically hotel priced. Would we return? Probably would look for something closer in and newer although you could do worse than this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the inside overlooking the pool and courtyard. Otherwise you look at the parking lot...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your recent stay. We value your feedback and welcome the opportunity to speak with you soon. Please know that Cleanliness is a vital part of our culture; we do not take it lightly.
Our concierge staff is outstanding in that we hear so many compliments and great feedback about them that we often get to celebrate their success as a team, and we love it.
We sincerely thank you again for the feedback which will only allow us to improve our hotel moving forward.
Warm regards,
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and attentive. Food served at conference I was at was above average and tasty. Rooms were clean, but could have used some carpet and upholstery cleaning as there were several stains in my room. Room decor was above average and wifi was very good throughout the hotel. The AV for the conference I was at seemed to work very well. The only really bad experience was the 55 minute wait (after two phone calls) for the shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel. I thought maybe that was just a fluke, however, another hotel guest said it happened to him as well and he gave up and just took a cab. I thought maybe they were just busy, but when I finally made it to the hotel there was two other shuttle busses sitting there unused. I would stay here again, but would probably take a cab and not wait for the shuttle.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
thierry g, Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
We want to extend our sincere apologies for your challenges with our Shuttle bus. We were happy to hear that our staff was engaged and the quality of the food was very good.
Thank you for your business, which is greatly appreciated and your feedback, which we view as a gift.
We would love to have another opportunity to be of service to you at the Sheraton Music City.
Warm regards