“Very nice stay. Not bad price with using partial points.” 5 of 5 stars

Sheraton Music City Hotel
Ranked #43 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fresno, California
“Very nice stay. Not bad price with using partial points.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I had a wedding we attended in the area and decided to treat ourselves to a night stay at this Hotel. It is a very nice hotel. There was a convention going on at the time but you still never felt as if it was super crowded. It was a little drive from Opry Mills but that was fine. The only problem I had was the view from our room down was like a hospital view. We were on the outside so I am sure that the inward facing had a nice view. Our room was very nice and spacious and we loved it.

Room Tip: Try to get one facing the garden instead of the outside.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Pet friendly! No stinky rooms (: Prompt service when a different pillow was requested by my husband. (His was too fluffy)
Excellent stay.
Although it rained our entire stay, the pools looked clean and inviting.
The courtyard and fountain were beautiful to look at from our balcony.

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Was very happy with this hotel, we got a great deal via hotwire.com and upon reading reviews and checking out the hotel, we learned that it was pet friendly, so we decided to bring our dog with us on our road trip. When we arrived, I made them aware that we had our dog, a golden retriever and they then told me that we could not leave the dog in the room unattended or would be fined $100 per day. I wish this was on their web-site, because had we known this, we wouldn't have brought him with us. Not that we wanted to leave him for long periods of time, but enough to go eat dinner and do some things.

Besides our disappointment about the pet policy, it was a very nice hotel with decent distance to just about everything, no long drives to get to any one place (Downtown, Blue Bird Cafe, Grand Ole Oprty, etc). I would stay there again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Fran W
thierry g, Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
thank you, for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention. I am really sorry nobody communicate with you regarding our pet policy. I will use your comments to better train my team. We are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you to the Sheraton Music City in the future.
West Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here for a conference. Took over an hour past check in to get a room and then only after I went to the desk twice to ask about the room I had been promised 2 hours earlier. Room was OK, clean, but with outdated furnishings, no fridge or microwave. The facility is large so be prepared to walk and walk and walk. Nothing for breakfast except $8 bowl of oatmeal and other outrageous room service food.
At one time, this may have been an impressive hotel but now, it is just an older conference center with dated material and overpriced food and drinks. If I had not been put here for the conference, I would not stay here by choice for what the rates are.
THE ONLY REDEEMING QUALITY was the shower head. It was wonderful, to the point that while there, I bought one off Amazon for my home. A Speakman Anystream...WOW!
Nope, can't recommend it, sorry.
Oh, and my wife left her jacket in the room at checkout. The only other people was the maid that was working in the next room that could have come in and upon returning approximately 15 minutes later, gone. When asked, maid mumbled through I didn't see it and admin staff said it wasn't there...Uh, Okay...We leave, maid come's in, we get back gone but she didn't see it and 2 separate admins cares less. Yep, Great hotel. I'm sure going to give it a good review.

Room Tip: Don't stay here and if you do, don't leave anything.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank TBIColumbo1
HEIHotelsandResorts, General Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts after your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Music City. We very much appreciate your feedback, and hold our guests' opinions in very high regard. That being said, I am so sorry to hear about the issues you experienced and am very glad that you brought them to our attention. Sorry for the long wait for check in, only our suite have permanent fridge and we have very limited microwaves.

Please contact our lost and found and they will help to recover you misplaced jacket. I am glad you liked our shower head and you were able to create the same experience in your hoser
Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and I do hope you get a chance to give us the opportunity to come back to the Sheraton Music City.

Warm Regards
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Convenient and Better than a Category 2

This property is my favorite spg property in Nashville being close to the airport and downtown. It is better than most Category 2 properties. It is stately and nice.
I just stayed there the last couple of nights. Automatically upgraded to Club level. Room was nice. Service good. Excellent value when using points.
The only problem: I was chargerd twice for my stay and even though it was eventually refunded I received no explanation and no apology. Make customers happy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Never having visited Nashville before, we were relying on Tripadvisor and tour books for recommendations on what to do and where to eat. The excellent club room concierge led us to an outstanding rythmn and blues concert at an obscure night club and a wonderful restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. Terrell is a real asset to this hotel.
The hotel was full during our visit and our first night, our room was next to the noisy club room and sleeping was tough. When I told this to desk clerk Sheila, she changed our room location the second and third nights.
A good hotel relies on great staff like these two people.
Also, the hotel has separate indoor and outdoor pools, terrific for swimmers. Extra large, well equipped exercise room.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed away from club room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank panpanda
Orinda, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was surprised at how bad the food was at this hotel. I was here for a week and almost every dish was a disaster. The food and beverage manager basically told me that I was the only person that didnt like the food however I know that's not true. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shelley S
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts after your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Music City. As tastes vary, we have try to accommodate different types of meal at any given times of the years. We received great feedback from our guest on the quality of our food. I am sorry we did not meet your expectation. On July 1st we will be changing our seasonal menu at the Old Hickory Grill and I hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Sheraton Music City. In closing, may I thank you, once again, for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention.