“Excellent Value..............”

Sheraton Music City Hotel
Ranked #53 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 30, 2011

at $48 Priceline. rate. Clean, quiet. As others have noted you need a car to get anywhere, but that's typical of Nashville. Bar is very overpriced The hotel is. kind of a faded--used to be luxury facility but still nice. Free parking. Would be very satisfied to get this hotel at this price anytime.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank whosyer12
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Music City Hotel

Reviewed March 10, 2011

Typical large conference hotel. Pretty large rooms, and everything on the 2nd-4th floor has a private balcony. Cable is okay, only 30 or so channels. $10 per day for internet in the room. Internet went out one morning for about two hours, otherwise worked pretty well. Cable also went out one night for 15 or so minutes. No fridge or microwave in the rooms--they want you to pay extra for little things like room service, rather than bring in your own drinks. Pretty nice courtyard with outdoor pool, and also an indoor pool area with weight room. I like that you can self-park easily, and not have to pay for parking. That was nice. The hotel is very convenient to the airport--only about a 5-minute drive. The downside is, it sits pretty much at the end of the Nashville runway, so there is airport noise. Not bad, but some. It also sits on I-40, so you get road noise if you happen to get stuck in a room facing the interstate. Location is not great--hotel is in a business park, not near any restaurants. A shuttle is provided to the airport, but otherwise, you need a car for restaurants off-site. Hotel is not near downtown, probably would take 15-20 minutes to get downtown, pending traffic. Beds in room were pretty good. Noise level in hotel was good, got some decent sleep without too many slamming doors. They offer in-room recycling, which is nice for a large hotel to do. Most don't. The maid only left me one bar of soap over a four-night period, which I shuttled between sink and shower, so that was pretty pathetic. I'm guessing that is a systematic policy by hotel management to save money, rather than "the earth." Very lame. If you are here for a conference, bring a lumbar pillow. The conference chairs are torturous. My back is killing me after three days of sitting in conference rooms. Some rooms have ladder-back chairs intended for 30-minute outdoor weddings, not four-day, eight-hour-per-day conferences. Sheraton should be embarrassed to put such cheap chairs in their conference facilities. Wireless in conference area was out first morning of our conference, but then picked up and seemed stable over the next 2-3 days. Hotel rolled out carts with sandwiches for conference attendees, about $10 for sandwich and coke. Awkward set up with tables in lobby, though, that you had to climb through to get to the front door. Surprised there isn't some fire policy against blocking primary hallways like that? Hmmm...

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank kevboom
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This is an older place, out by the airport. It is a large 4 story box with a pool / courtyard in the center, thus some of the rooms are a hike from the elevators. Room was fine; bed and the TV were good. The bathroom was small, but clean. The phones are old school, not cordless with the third phone in the bathroom.

During two stays on back to back weeks I never got more than one bar of soap to share between the sink and the shower. And on both weeks I had to ask for either a laundry ticket or bag in order to send out my dry cleaning.

There is a nice little bar that I ate dinner at both trips and both the food and service were good. I ate breakfast at the buffet in the dining room everyday and found it to be average to good, with a nice staff.

Bell service seemed to be nonexistent except for when the van driver was hanging out. So you saw guests unloading their cars and haling stuff all around, and then of course they leave the bell carts in the hallways. I never say the concierge desk staffed. When I first pulled up in my car I waited and waited for a bell / valet person to come help me. I went in asked the desk about parking and they said they do not valet. When I asked about the 20 parking spots in the front marked “Valet only” she said it was left over from years ago. The hotel seems to cater to airline crews; I saw them in the bar each night showing their ID cards in order to get a discount, so I guess the hotel made a decision to cut basic services because they are not going to be paid for them?

If you have business out by the airport, it is worth a shot if you get a good rate.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank golfer801
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This was my 2nd stay here. The rooms are spacious, they have HD TV, you can check out of the hotel by TV too. The beds are SO comfortable! I usually don't sleep well in hotels but my husband and I both slept like babies both nights. I wish my bed at home was so comfortable! I used hotwire.com, and it was a great value. I used the fitness room all 3 days, I thought it was just fine. I do wish our room had a refrigerator and I wish they had free breakfast, but other than that I highly recommend it. Oh and the location is fine. It's out of the way, but so close to downtown and pretty much anywhere you need to go.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2011

The house restaurant is overpriced for all meals, but the food is good. We stayed there for a VFW conference, and I truly believe the hotel could have provided a discount on food to the veterans. I am sure the VFW occupied over 150 rooms, and a simple dollar or two discount in the restaurant, especially for the breakfast buffet would have been a nice gesture. After all, these are men and women that have served our country. The VFW organization uses this same facility again in June for their State Convention, which they have done repeatedly, and I believe the number of rooms occupied easily exceeds 250 for this event. I hope the Sheraton will show some appreciation to the VFW and give them some perks. The room discounts are appreciated, but not overwhelming. Give it up Sheraton!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Overall, we enjoyed the hotel and will plan on staying there again.

PROS:
* The rooms were clean and well thought out.
* The beds were amazingly comfortable.
* The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.
* Exceptionally nice for a pet friendly property.

CONS:
* The housekeeping staff was not very responsive. We had to make repeated requests for a couple of items.
* Location was a bit strange. If you just need to go to the airport it was OK. But, there is very little immediately around the hotel.
* This hotel is extremely large, which can be a minor issue when trying to get around the hotel with small children.

We go to Nashville every year and look forward to returning to the Sheraton Music City.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2011

This hotel was very nice and was perfect for our long weekend. Would have preferred downtown, but the price was right here. Room was very clean and service was good

• Stayed: December 2010