WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #57 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
springfield, IL
“Very helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed here on way to visit family. I wanted to do some sight seeing. The new concierge in training took a lot of time to help me with everything I needed and was very pleasant about it as was her boss. Thanks Jeonnay and Mr. Bush for setting me up with a city tour, Opryland tickets and another hotel night. You could not have been more helpful.

The only downside was the slow elevators. Everything else was great. I would definitely stay there again and will be soon. The rooms are fine. The location is close to everything downtown.
The breakfast was good too. Plenty of food and variety. It was fresh.
Just a nice experience.
Nice hotel

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were impressed by our hotel team. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming and rewarding stay with us. Our guests’ feedback is incredibly important to us and I appreciate your comments. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Canton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel in the downtown area. You cannot go wrong with this location. The hotel does show to be somewhat dated but it is very clean and well managed. Breakfast was excellent and this is an all around good pick for the downtown area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Steve B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments and the great review regarding your recent stay in Nashville. It is always our mission to accommodate our guest with the very best in quality product and services. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Allentown (PA)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

• I stayed at the Doubletree Nashville downtown (315 4th Avenue North) for three nights to attend a business meeting held in the hotel
• Typical Doubletree: rooms were nice, breakfast buffet was good, lobby area & bar were good, overall service was good
• About ten minutes from BNA airport via taxi @ a flat rate of $25 (plus tip)
• A few block walk to Broadway street which is the focus of restaurants, bars, music, etc
• Live music at the bar during the evening
• Overall, good hotel and location for Nashville downtown

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Glen Carbon, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was our family of 4's first time staying at a Double Tree and the first time in Nashville Tn. The staff was very welcoming and helpful during our whole stay. The location was perfect for walking to the Country Music Hall of Fame, The Rymann and of course the honky tonks on lower broadway. My kids loved swimming in the pool and I enjoyed how the workout room was hooked to the pool area so I could keep an eye on my kids! We had a fantastic weekend and can't wait to return, soon! The only reason I did not give this hotel 5 stars was I prefer a hotel with the breakfast included in the room price. I felt for the price we paid for our room having the delicious breakfast included would of been PERFECTION for my family.

Glenmont, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I should have known it would be a bad experience when I arrived at the hotel, went through the revolving doors with my luggage, got stuck and the bellhops stood there and watched me struggle. After we checked in, we got to our room and while unpacking noticed mold on the windowsills and wallpaper coming off the wall with mold underneath. We were immediately given a new room on a different floor. The only reason I'm giving the hotel a "2" (Poor) rating and not a "1" (Terrible) is because the food in the restaurant was VERY good and the waitress was friendly and very accommodating. The breakfast buffet was very good as well. There was also a bellhop there, I believe his name was Bill, who went out of his way to help us. Ironically, we had called the day before we got there and were helped out by a gentlemen named Kevin who got us our Grand Ole Opry tickets for a show scheduled the night we arrived there. When we asked to speak to him so we could thank him in person, we were given an odd look and told he was no longer with them. When we checked out, we had been charged for parking each day and we had to convince them that we had flown, not driven, from New York and didn't have a car. We have stayed at other Double Tree by Hilton hotels (the one in Charleston, SC is very nice) and were very pleased, but this one did not fit the bill, unfortunately.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frankchevy
Steve B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience.

chicago, il
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I will start my review by saying that perhaps I booked incorrectly. I thought the package that I booked included free valet parking, but when we checked out we were billed an additional $50 for 2 nights of parking. This irked me, but, my own fault - I had not brought our printed out confirmation with me.
I will start by listing the positives:
1. We stayed in a corner suite, that was light, bright, large and full of windows
2. The breakfast buffet would certainly please anyone - there were plenty of options and the coffee was good
3. The live performer in the lobby bar (at least on that Friday night) was very good and the seating was comfortable to enjoy the performance
4. There was a free shuttle to take you to sites within a certain radius of the hotel, which was great. You can call for pick up on the back end.
5. Free chocolate chip cookies were a nice touch!
The negatives:
1. There is generally a long wait to valet park your car or retrieve your car from the valet. It wasn't unusual to wait for 20 minutes in line to hand your car keys to the valet to get your car parked.
2. The indoor pool is too small to accommodate the amount of guests - just crowded and feels a little dirty
3. The valet fee for cars is $25 per day, when I had read or misunderstood that this was included in our package
4. On our Saturday checkout day it took a VERY long time to get an elevator down with our bags from the 4th floor. 25+ minutes. All of the other patrons were expressing the same feeling.
5. This did not feel to me like an in town location - you either needed a car or the free shuttle to get to and from sites.
In general the hotel feels a bit tired. If you can find something for a similar price with more amenities, I would check into it.

3 Thank lizrogatz
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were impressed by our hotel operation. In my opinion, our breakfast buffet is the best in town! Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming and rewarding stay with us. Our guests’ feedback is incredibly important to us and I appreciate your comments. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.

However, we do have an excellent location that is within walking distance of all the downtown hotspots. I would also remind you that parking is quoted on our website and is discussed in several of our reviews. Unfortunately, this past weekend, we had an elevator go down and we could not get parts until Monday.

We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Bells, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have stayed at the Double Tree in downtown Nashville several times and have always had a pleasant experience. The hotel staff has always been friendly and helpful. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable although they have feather pillows and I prefer a foam or fiber filled pillow. The soaps and shampoo was Citron which has a very nice citrus smell. The food in the hotel is good and the breakfast buffet was especially nice.
This hotel is in walking distance of some really good restaurants (Demo's) and most attractions and shopping. A well-known celebrity was staying in the hotel at the time I was there March 26th. 2013 and although a lot of my friends saw him, I did not. I would recommend this hotel as I plan to stay there again the next time I stay in downtown Nashville. S. Williams

Room Tip: Very nice hotel in walking distance from most downtown restaurants and attractions. A well-known cel...