“"Iowa Girls" happy to see more than corn”
Review of Tommy's Tours

Tommy's Tours
Ranked #28 of 93 Tours in Nashville
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Our trip was "girl's getaway" (9/30/08). We had never been to Nashville before, so the first thing we did was to give "Tommy's Tours" a call. Tommy arrived at our hotel on the east side of town (about 12 miles from downtown) in a very comfortable, air conditioned shuttle bus. He was very entertaining and informative. After picking up a couple of others, we headed directly downtown. We were shown many of the local attractions: Country Music Hall of Fame, civic buildings, Ryman Auditorium, Grand Central Station Hotel, etc. Then we were shown where many of the popular night stops are: Wild Horse Saloon, Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, The Legends, where you might just see someone famous or infamous come in to play. Then we headed out to MANY other parts of the area to see the homes of country music stars. Faith Hill was out in her front yard. When Tommy stopped, she turned and waved at our tour bus. Really cool!!! Tommy's Tours was a wonderful, informative, and entertaining (singing and all) experience for a very reasonable cost. A GREAT way to spend 3 hours getting to know the ins and outs of Nashville! Great job, Tommy and Bless Your Heart! P.S. His partner, Jerry, offers shuttles for $5. Great value.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"informative tour"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed October 13, 2008

After reading the reviews on here I decided to give Tommy a try on our weekend getaway to Nashville. He was great very informative, awesome tour and very reasonably priced. We also took advantage of the night time transportation and that was wonderfull as well . I give it 5 stars.

Reviewed October 13, 2008

We were in Nashville from October 6-10th. We were looking for tours and came across Tommy's Tours, which my daughter in law told us about..
I called and set up a tour about 1 month in advance, adnd set it up . Tommy came to the hotel and picked us up and the tour started.
We toured downtown and all the hot spots in Nashville, went by the stars homes and had several stops included.
Tommy was very good describing the stars homes and all the tour.
He is very resonable for the tour price. He also does not require you to pay in advance. He collects at the end of the tour.
A great experiance.

Reviewed October 9, 2008

Tommy is one crazy guy and we had so much fun. He is prompt, very reasonable and has an extreme amount of knowledge about Nashville. He not only knows the history of every corner, he knows about the stars, music writers, etc. We toured downtown and some stars homes (driving tour). Tommy can position the bus where you can get some great pictures without invading anyones privacy. The bathroom stops were great and just at the right time,. If you are looking for a professional, daylong, expensive bus ride, this is not the tour for you. If you are looking for something affordable, want to learn a little about Nashville and have fun, sit back and relax for a while (let someone else do the driving), then this is the tour for you. Thank you Tommy !!
From: The Bird's from Corpus Christi, TX

See more reviews
Reviewed October 1, 2008

Okay - I came across this tour using tripadvisor and I thought - wow! #2 in Nashville - that's a great vote of confidence. I didn't have time to do any other tours, unfortunately, so I can't recommend another. But I found this tour a little disappointing because it had nothing to do with the history of the area. I like learning about all the funny stories and unusual happenings that make a place unique. But all we really did for 3 hours was drive by rich peoples' houses - not my favorite activity. If you're into that, then this is the right tour for you. I just didn't think the website made it clear that the whole tour (except for about 10 minutes without any narrative in downtown) was house viewings. But Tommy is a nice and very entertaining guy. So I do recommend this tour if you are a country fan/stalker! :)