“Planetarium was awesome”

Ranked #41 of 247 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore 44,000 square feet of over 175 exciting hands-on science exhibits and activities revealing the wonders of biology, physics, chemistry, medicine, space, earth science, technology, and more. Experience a state-of-the-art planetarium offering spectacular journeys to the stars, laser shows, and amazing full-dome films for children and adults. Enjoy award-winning daily live science demos, labs, and science cafes presented by a talented staff of scientist educators. Adventure Science Center is dedicated to creating learning experiences that open minds to the wonders of science and technology, fostering a better understanding of ourselves and the world around us. Adventure Science Center is an independent, not-for-profit center of science, learning, and exploration.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Kansas City
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Planetarium was awesome”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Visited for nostalgic reasons while I was in town and was surprised that it seemed unchanged since I grew up. Could definitely use an update. The planetarium show "Stars" was neat and kids ages 6-11 will sill enjoy the exhibits, regardless. Expensive, though.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Good for kids a bit expensive”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The kids 3,9 loved this place. We spent about 2.5 hours in this place. I loved the bee hive and the view from the 3rd floor. I felt it was a bit expensive at $13 bucks a pop.

Biglerville, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great place for kids!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My children, ages 7 and 8, had a wonderful time in this science center. There were many interactive stations to keep them engaged. There is a large climbing structure with all types of activities along the way. My kids really enjoyed the station that gives a visual of how the veins work. It has flowing water, and you use plastic squares to block off areas which redirects the water. The kids can then put ping pong balls in the top and see how they get blocked by the plastic "clogs". Really neat way to help them understand! They also LOVED the wheelchair station. They were able to see what it's like to be wheelchair-bound for a few minutes, and learned why handicap accessible items such as a lower pay phone or ketchup/mustard dispenser are placed as low as they are so that those in a wheelchair are able to use them. They even got to shoot some hoops in the wheelchairs. The center was not very busy when we visited as it was a school day, but I suspect they get quite busy on the weekends! Great place to stop in Nashville!

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun for all ages”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Unlike all the other children's museums that can leave an adult with tired feet and a headache, my husband and I found ourselves as excited about the activities as the kids were.

Danville, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
“An alright children's museum”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The adventure science center is a great place for families and young kids to explore the world around an inside us. The center's website advertises itself as a fun place for adults, and while that may be true if you are an adult taking a child, unless you goof off with whoever you go with, like my husband and I did (I'm 29 and he's 34. We don't have children), you may be a bit bored, disappointed, and want your money back (admission is $13 for adults). The center is a large building from the outside, but while there are two and a half floors with wing exhibits, most of the exploration is focused on a giant jungle gym type of display. It is large enough even for full grown people to climb and slide on, and we didnt feel strange at all doing so because of the way it was set up. The body exhibit was fun and there was a cute laser tag style game we played with another group of young adults. Getting to the top if the central tower is neat, but we didn't linger long. Some of the thrill of climbing it for an adult is that it can get a little cramped, and I even broke a sweat maneuvering it all. The center is located in downtown Nashville, and you can see it from the highway. I can't tell you if it is easy to get to because our gps took us down side streets once we got closer, and I doubt I would have picked the route we took to give anyone directions, but it's so prominent, it is probably hard not to figure out how to get there. There is also plenty of free parking. The center closes at 5, but we slept in and didn't get there until 3 and still had plenty of time to see and do everything except for the planetarium show, a flight simulator, and a simulated harnessed hoist moonwalk. Those would have been nice to do as well, but they are pretty much similar to activities you could do elsewhere. This place is probably best for field trips because it also has classrooms. Groups of kids in families would probably also enjoy it. I think it's probably not worth it to go without a kid in the end, or even one child because a lot of the interactive displays works best if there are more than one kid, or perhaps kid-at-heart, to participate.