“Family Time”

Ranked #42 of 258 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore 44,000 square feet of over 175 exciting hands-on science exhibits and activities revealing the wonders of biology, physics, chemistry, medicine, space, earth science, technology, and more. Experience a state-of-the-art planetarium offering spectacular journeys to the stars, laser shows, and amazing full-dome films for children and adults. Enjoy award-winning daily live science demos, labs, and science cafes presented by a talented staff of scientist educators. Adventure Science Center is dedicated to creating learning experiences that open minds to the wonders of science and technology, fostering a better understanding of ourselves and the world around us. Adventure Science Center is an independent, not-for-profit center of science, learning, and exploration.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We spent Sunday - January 6th 2013 at the science center. It is fun, educational and very interesting. I had my mother (60) and many three children with me (8 - 14) sniffs we ALL had a great time. No one was bored. The center was very clean and had bathrooms add every turn. We enjoyed the whole day and stayed from open till close. I would definitely recommend this for families. Thanks!

1  Thank Stepanie B

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Our grandchildren visit from out of state once each summer just for some 'school's out' fun. Going to this museum is always in their list of things to do. Although they have a nice hands-on museum in their city, they like this one better. It has some new things every time we go.
On the day we were there this year it was very crowded but we were still able to get lunch in the food center and find a table to sit and rest. I like that there are restrooms on every level and an elevator. It is very handicapped friendly. Once they even had a course set up for children to sit in wheelchairs, roll themselves uphill, play basketball and see first hand how public access is important.
This is a top quality venue for learning and for fun.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Good place if you have young kids between 4-13. Not great for teens . It's a bit expensive , they sell membership passes but I could see myself visitingore than 2 times

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I loved the setting, the story and the chemistry lab experience for the kids. It is a place were is pleasant to go as an adult too.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

After driving by this cool looking building many times, we decided to give the science center a try. Our 8 yr old summed it up very well when she stated that the smaller Discovery Center in Murfreesboro is better. The body exhibit was interesting, but there is a noticeable lack of instructions and explanation for the hands on exhibits. The space area of the center was a fun and quick walk through and I am glad that my kids did not spend a lot of time waiting for the spacewalk "ride". They are 8 and 11, very interested in space, and did not really get the point of the ride. All in all, a disappointment.