“If you love wine, then this is the place to visit”

Belle Meade Plantation
$69.00*
Historic Tennessee - Southern Plantations and Presidents
Ranked #10 of 257 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Belle Meade Plantation is a non-profit historic site located in Nashville, TN. Established in 1807, Belle Meade was revered as the greatest thoroughbred stud farm in the United States. It was home to Iroquois,the first American bred horse to win the Epsom Derby and the great foundation sire,Bonnie Scotland,whose descendants include Secretariat, Seattle Slew, Native Dancer, Big Brown and California Chrome. Belle Meade was owned and operated by the Harding-Jackson family for nearly a century from 1807 until 1906. Today their home is restored to its turn of the century appearance along with several original outbuildings.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

It is a very interesting tour going through the house but when it came to wine tasting and I am not much of a "wine drinker" but this one particular one had real good taste

1  Thank MinPinLady

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place was great - it was reasonably priced, the tour guides were extremely nice and very informative, they had answers to all of our questions. The wine tour was fantastic as well - you got to taste all of the wines, as opposed to picking the ones that you wanted to taste. It was a great experience, and I definitely learned more than I thought I would! Absolutely worth it!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had a bit of a problem finding Belle Meade Plantation because my gps kept taking me somewhere close by. Parking was limited and we basically had to make our own spot. The tour of the grounds is on your own and of the house is by tour. The guide was very informative and enjoyable to listen to. I enjoyed the wine tasting, but unfortunately I didn't have room in my suitcase to bring any home.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I went to take a tour of the winery and got a great introduction to the history of the area. Home of the famous race horse, Iroquois, the Belle Meade Mansion is a landmark of the area. Very educational tour. Gives a good history of what it was like to be a slave, then a freeman. Wine tasting at the end was the best part!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

One of the real spots in Nashville where you can visit the actual home and see what the Gentry lived like. Thanks for the opportunity and keep up the good work.