“Gotta go at least once.”
Review of The Grand Ole Opry

Ranked #1 of 252 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Grand Ole Opry, an American Icon and Nashville's number one attraction, is known for creating one-of-a-kind entertainment experiences for audiences of all ages. It's where unforgettable moments happen every week...moments like the night Trace Adkins revealed a tweet inviting his pal Blake Shelton to become a member of the Opry. With country music's new stars, superstars, and legends live on stage, you never know what'll happen next. See the show that made country music famous.
Buffalo, New York
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Gotta go at least once.”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had been before, but my husband had not. We had tickets for a night featuring Martina McBride, Vince Gill and Darius Rucker was inducted. Sold out that night. Seats are comfortable--padded benches vs individual seats, but of course the place is so huge that it isn't an intimate concert hall. Video screeens help you to see who is on stage, tho we had good seats.

• Hebrew first
valrico
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great for all ages”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We ordered tickets really early, since we knew we wanted to visit this site. We were lucky enough to get front row seats which my husband who is the country music fan just loved. Its a live show on Friday nights so there were a lot of pauses, but we enjoyed it. My only issue was not knowing who was performing until the last 2 wks before we arrived, we were hoping for a current big artist, but that wasn't the case. But we still had a good time.

Lake Village, Indiana
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Such Fun!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We attended the Grand Ole Opry at Opryland (not the Ryman) and we had such fun. My husband and I are not extreme country fans, but we do enjoy some country music. Except for the never-ending commercial messages from the sponsors, the show was great! In addition to several music acts, three comedians performed as part of the show and they were all hilarious. The seating is a little odd, though. There are no armrests; just one, long upolstered bench seat. This made it a little awkward when we reached our seats and the people on either side of us had spread out into our seat area. Although, once every shifted positions, we were reasonably comfortable. And the show was such fun!

Murray, Kentucky
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“A Nashville MUST DO”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am not the biggest country music fan, but this show was so enjoyable. The show was fastpaced and kept me interested and enteratined. This show would be enjoyable for all ages and fans of all music genres. If you are in Nashville, this is a MUST DO!

Des Moines, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't miss it”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was fortunate enough to be able to do the backstage tour here and see a Thursday night Country Classics show here. Highly recommend the tour! You may not be able to go on stage with every tour, due to scheduling. Our group had to wait a bit because they were taping something on stage, but luckily our fabulous tourguide stalled so we could see it. She even took pictures of each group on the stage. We got to see most all of the dressing rooms, and go in one of them. It was definitely a neat experience.

As for the show, I am glad I went - but I wished I could have been there a couple nights prior when Darius when inducted. The show was entertaining with a mix of old and new stars, but no one that I was familiar with unfortunately. Still a good show and I am glad I got to experience it.