“Did I really just pay $6 for this crap?”
Review of The Parthenon

and up
Discover Nashville
Ranked #22 of 248 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Standing as the centerpiece in Nashville's Centennial Park, the Parthenon is a full scale replica of the Parthenon in Athens, Greece. Come inside to see the 42-foot gilded sculpture of Athena, the permanent display of American paintings from the Cowan Collection, the history of the Nashville Parthenon dating back to the 1897 Tennessee Centennial Exposition, and a variety of temporary shows and exhibitions! The entrance is located on the ground level of the East side of the building.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Fairhope, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Did I really just pay $6 for this crap?”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

A few interesting pieces of art, but the rest was terrible. It's all the history of the building. I'm a history buff, but this was terrible. The statue looks like it belongs in an amusement park. SKIP IT.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank Hatch22

Mountain View, California
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Glad I didn't spend the money to go to Greece!”
Reviewed February 18, 2011

We were interested in seeing this full scale replica of the Parthenon, so we drove there on a Monday morning. We didn't expect that it was in the middle of a public park, so it didn't seem as reverent as the one in Athens. It was nice, but the museum part was closed, so we just had to settle to take pictures from the outside.

It had recently snowed, so the steps were extremely icy, and there are no railings. I would not call it an accessible attraction for folks with mobility problems. The structure itself was nice, and there were reliefs just like the real Parthenon.

I guess I always thought it would be bigger or more impressive, so I'm glad I saw this one and know not to get my hopes up if I ever find myself in Greece. I would've liked to see if the museum or the statue of Athena (which was also closed) would have added to the experience.

Visited January 2011
Augusta, Georgia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Worth the few bucks”
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Great thing to do while in Nashville. My wife and I really enjoyed it. Great place to take pictures , and Athena is really impressive. College students make sure to bring id and ask for student discount.

1 Thank alee1227
Minneapolis
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“Interesting to look at”
Reviewed October 24, 2010

It is odd to have a replica of the Parthenon in Nashville, so it is worth looking at. The area by it is cute. But, it seems like the building itself should be open and full of historical facts. If families and kids learn nothing by going there, then it is simply a building to look at and that seems like a waste to me.

Lake Alfred, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“WOW!”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Visiting the Parthenon was a great family experience! The exhibit was educational and beautiful. I was unaware of the gallery inside the exhibit and we thoroughly enjoyed it. This is a great photo opportunity.