“Really Cool”

$39.00*
Nashville Trolley Tour
Ranked #22 of 258 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Standing as the centerpiece in Nashville's Centennial Park, the Parthenon is a full scale replica of the Parthenon in Athens, Greece. Come inside to see the 42-foot gilded sculpture of Athena, the permanent display of American paintings from the Cowan Collection, the history of the Nashville Parthenon dating back to the 1897 Tennessee Centennial Exposition, and a variety of temporary shows and exhibitions! The entrance is located on the ground level of the East side of the building.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a "must see" in Nashville. The Parthenon is really unique, and it has a museum with a collection of mainly 19th century American art. This is worth seeing on its own, but the statue and the building itself makes it all worthwhile. The park is near Vanderbilt Unversity, and when we visited, the surrounding area was fairly crowded and most people parked in the grass in the park near the Parthenon.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,388)

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

The construction of the replica is absolutely amazing. The stories of the history of the area and the building of the structure was very informative. Athena standing so tall, bold, and beautiful. Totally worth the $6!!!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was told by a Tennessee resident that I work with that I must get to see this historic site. So I hopped on the city bus and found my way to this park with this huge building in the middle of it. It was the biggest building all the way around. I walked around it and finally came to the entrance by then I needed to use the rest room. I was able to take a quick glance in side as I needed to get back down town to catch my other bus back to my hotel, so the clerk allowed me to take a glance around. This was the one of my best experiences in Nashville as for what I seen next was utterly amazing.... Thanks for the wonderful experience.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The outside of building is amazing. The columns HUGE! Made some great pictures. We arrived on a Sunday around 11:30 and I did not realize it opened at 12:30 and there was fee. The amount was small so that is not a big deal. She was pretty neat to see, and there was some history information to read. The park around the building was beautiful. They had a flower garden and a lake with huge willow trees. Nice place to see the Parthenon and then have a picnic lunch.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We thought the Parthenon was impressive from the outside, built and rebuilt as it was to be an accurate depiction of the one in Greece. When we went inside, though, we were glad we had a buy one get one admission discount. There was a small gift shop, a small collection of pics from the Centennial, a small art gallery, and the Athena statue. Nice but not worth the admission charge of $6 per person. It only took us 30 minutes to go through it and much of that time was taking pics of "Athena" from all angles. So...our review? If you will feel sad that you didn't check out the giant statue of Athena, definitely go inside. Otherwise enjoy the outside view and save some money.

1  Thank Frugalmama57