“huge”
Review of The Parthenon

The Parthenon
Ranked #50 of 268 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Standing as the centerpiece in Nashville's Centennial Park, the Parthenon is a full scale replica of the Parthenon in Athens, Greece. Come inside to see the 42-foot gilded sculpture of Athena, the permanent display of American paintings from the Cowan Collection, the history of the Nashville Parthenon dating back to the 1897 Tennessee Centennial Exposition, and a variety of temporary shows and exhibitions! The entrance is located on the ground level of the East side of the building.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have always heard of the Parthenon, but never expected it to be as large as it was. It was a grand site to behold. My son loved it. He enjoyed comparing the inside to the movie Percy Jackson. Only thing that needs to change is the closing time. It closes way too early!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,834)
All reviews
in 46 reviews
"interesting history"
in 36 reviews

Reviewed May 9, 2013

It wasn't our plan to visit this tourist stop but it happened to spring up at the Centennial park where we were for a Country Music marathon. The exhibits about the Exhibition of the late 1800's was interesting, the artwork a bit scary and the detail in the recreation of the Parthenon and Athena statue a highlight. A nice little distraction.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Did not expect to find an exact replica of the Parthenon from Athens right in the middle of Nashville. They had signs everywhere explaining who each mythological figure was. Very good!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I visited the Parthenon when I was in Nashville. When I arrived, I was a little shocked because there wasn't much to it. I didn't get to go inside, because it was late in the day and it closes at 4:30pm. I walked around the building, looked at the columns, took a few pictures and admired at the architecture. That was it! I'm glad I went to see it, while I was in Nashville. However, I do not feel it is "THE POI" for me.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 6, 2013

To be honest, we didn't know what to expect, but I know that I didn't expect the amateurish portrayal of Athena that is the centerpiece of the museum, nor did I expect the artwork in the front hall. I realize art is subjective, so it's just my opinion that the paintings were sub-standard at best. When all is said and done, the entrance fee is too much for what you get.