“Fabulous!”

$34.00*
Music City Hop on and Hop Off Tour
Ranked #22 of 255 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Standing as the centerpiece in Nashville's Centennial Park, the Parthenon is a full scale replica of the Parthenon in Athens, Greece. Come inside to see the 42-foot gilded sculpture of Athena, the permanent display of American paintings from the Cowan Collection, the history of the Nashville Parthenon dating back to the 1897 Tennessee Centennial Exposition, and a variety of temporary shows and exhibitions! The entrance is located on the ground level of the East side of the building.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Did not expect to find an exact replica of the Parthenon from Athens right in the middle of Nashville. They had signs everywhere explaining who each mythological figure was. Very good!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I visited the Parthenon when I was in Nashville. When I arrived, I was a little shocked because there wasn't much to it. I didn't get to go inside, because it was late in the day and it closes at 4:30pm. I walked around the building, looked at the columns, took a few pictures and admired at the architecture. That was it! I'm glad I went to see it, while I was in Nashville. However, I do not feel it is "THE POI" for me.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

To be honest, we didn't know what to expect, but I know that I didn't expect the amateurish portrayal of Athena that is the centerpiece of the museum, nor did I expect the artwork in the front hall. I realize art is subjective, so it's just my opinion that the paintings were sub-standard at best. When all is said and done, the entrance fee is too much for what you get.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I wanted to see the Parthenon, since I grew up as a huge Greek and Roman mythology fan when i was little. Unfortunately it was raining that day so it took away from the ability to sit outside and enjoy the massiveness of the structure. We entered the lower level where the museum is, I have to say that the lady at the front desk was not the friendliest person in the world. Maybe it was the rain and bad weather, but the security guard was very helpfull and very pleasant. The museum houses a man's collection of paintings that he donated to the museum. None of them deal with Greek or Roman history so i found them a little out of place in the fixture. They also had items from the centinnel celebration, which were very interesting and nice to observe. FYI there is no photography in the lower level of the museum. In the upper level they have the statue of Athena, and other pieces of statues for viewing. The interior chamber, or second level of the museum with the statues is breath taking, and worth the trip.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I wanted to see this copy of the famous Greek building before going to Athens. We did not pay to get in just walked around and went to the gift shop. Like everyone else we were there to take photos of the outside.