“Three stars” 3 of 5 bubbles

and up
Discover Nashville
Ranked #23 of 244 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: The only full-size replica of the Parthenon (in Greece) in the world.
Glenview, Illinois, United States
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Three stars”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I'm a big fan of Greek mythology and was told this was one of the must sees of Nashville, so I was pretty exited to hit it, but slightly disappointed. I can't exactly put my finger on why I didn't love it, but I just don't think I would go again. It felt like a one-time thing to me.

It thought $6 a person was little steep personally. Inside there is some cool photos and memorabilia from the exposition the Parthenon replica was built for. The most impressive part was the very large replica of the statue of Athena on the second floor. It was awesome.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Cassandra C

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Exact Replica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I loved visiting the Parthenon in Greece and was thrilled having one in Nashville, scaled to perfection. It's a great visit inside and out. I find just walking around it soothing and do it often. I love ancient history - so my mind drifts all over when I roam these grounds.

Warner Robins, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“WONDER.......NO MORE!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was always curious to see the Parthenon in Nashville every time we go to Nashville and this time my hubby took me. It was a short tour but it was magnificent. Tall building, nice paintings, and the sculptors are amazing and the giant goddess Athena was gorgeous. I would love my kids to see this and yes we will come again. By the way, they honored military discounts.

Visited February 2013
Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Very Interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Well worth the visit! The outside of the building is very impressive. the museum inside is inexpensive ($6 for adults). Don't miss the pictures & descriptions of the Centennial Exposition which was the reason for hte Parethenon originally being built. The descriptions of the exhibits from the Centennial were interesting. Of course, the highlight is the gigantic statue of Athena. Well worth a visit.

Visited March 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Wow you just don't expect this in the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

So on a previous trip to Nashville we stopped by the Parthenon, but it was closed. We took some pictures outside but wondered just what was inside this museum. So on our last trip to Nashville we decided to take the time and find out. I am glad we did because it is a very enjoyable museum. It had a lot of interesting information on Nashville and Tennessee inside along with the Greek Mythology that comes with the Parthenon. We really enjoyed looking around inside and getting some great photos. I would certainly advise giving this place a try if you have an interest in museums and all things Greek!!

Visited October 2012