“What a treat!”

$39.00*
Nashville Trolley Tour
Ranked #22 of 257 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Standing as the centerpiece in Nashville's Centennial Park, the Parthenon is a full scale replica of the Parthenon in Athens, Greece. Come inside to see the 42-foot gilded sculpture of Athena, the permanent display of American paintings from the Cowan Collection, the history of the Nashville Parthenon dating back to the 1897 Tennessee Centennial Exposition, and a variety of temporary shows and exhibitions! The entrance is located on the ground level of the East side of the building.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This little museum is great. I didn't expect the recreations of all the "Elgin" Marbles, but they are gorgeous, and the lighting is great, too, to show it all off. Definitely something to see.

2  Thank Thisbe401

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Lovely replica of the Parthenon in Athens. I have been to Athens and seen the real one! Since the real one is in such bad condition, it is nice to see this replica!

2  Thank teniseetraveler
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I would give this 3 1/2 stars if I could. It was interesting to see, but I would have been disappointed if I had traveled very far just to see it. If you're in Nashville and have time, its worth a short side trip. If your time is limited, I think some of the other Nashville attractions would be a better choice.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

When I learned that there was a replica of the Parthenon in Nashville it quickly become a summer trip we were going to make. It did not disappoint. We toured it the 1st week of July and thankfully the interior of the building is air conditioned. For a minimal fee you get access to the basement area, which houses a small display of art. The watercolor and oil paintings were very nice but there were not very many. The artist they had on display while we were there was a photographer. I was surprised when turning a corner and some of the photographs were of naked women. Not a big deal for me as I am an adult and can understand the artistic side of it, but I did not like it displayed for my 9 year old to see without some sort of warning. I thought it was a little over the top for a place for families to visit.

From the basement art area you can take the stairs to the upper level to see the actual Parthenon. Standing in the middle is an artist rendition of the God Athena and how she may have looked 2500 years ago. It was very impressive to see. Along both wings of the pavilion is cast statues from the actual Greek ones of the different gods and what they represented. These were neat to see as well. In all the Parthenon doesn't take more than an hour to an hour and half to go through and it was an impressive place to see. Centennial Park that it is located in is very nice park as well with walking and jogging trails through it. We would have stayed longer at the park except it was extremely hot while we were there (my car read 113 degrees!!). If you can't make it to Greece anytime soon it is a great place to see and get a taste for the ancient world.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We visited in Sept. 1993 and were amazed at the size of it. It was built in 1897 as part of the Tennessee Centennial Exposition. Originally built of plaster, wood, and brick, the Parthenon was not intended to be permanent, but the cost of demolishing the structure combined with its popularity with residents and visitors alike resulted in it being left standing after the Exposition. Within the next 20 years, weather had defaced the landmark; it was then rebuilt on the same foundations, in concrete, in a project that started in 1920; the exterior was completed in 1925 and the interior in 1931.