“Ryman”

Ranked #2 of 245 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the most famous concert halls in the history of country music, this auditorium still hosts live music events.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Nashville, Tennessee
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Ryman”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

When in Nashville, do try and visit the Ryman. Ideally catch a concert if you can, but otherwise at least take a tour.

• Czech first
Vancouver, Canada
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“Great quality of sound in a very intimate setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

I went for the show (Interpol) and I was truely delighted with this venue. It is very small if you compare it to modern concern stages, but the acoustics are amazing. Plus, given its long history and importance in the development of country music, you get a 2-in-1 deal. Instead of paying for only touring the place, I suggest you read what you can about it yourself and come for a concert. Before the show begins, imagine all those people who stood on this stage before, and your satisfaction with the visit if guaranteed. Alcoholic / non-alcoholic beverages are available from a couple of bars on both levels and it is allowed to bring drinks inside the venue (dislike).

Visited May 2011
1 Thank OlgaGrigoreva
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“You have to experience this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

This is a must-do if you're visiting Nashville! Knowing the history of the Grand Ole' Opry, I knew I had to purchase tickets just for the experience. I have never been a country music fan, so I did not expect to enjoy the show very much. I was pleasantly surprised that I was completely entertained the entire time. The show was not only funny, but filled with a line-up of excellent musicians. My experience at the Opry at the Ryman has really opened my eyes to the world of country music. I truly appreciated the musicians' talent, stage presence, and passion for the Grand Ole' Opry itself.

Our seats were in the first row on the balcony toward the center of the stage. The view was fantastic! I highly recommend sitting on the balcony vs. the floor seats because it looked as though everyone on the floor had to tilt their heads upward to see the stage the entire time. I did not take the back stage tour, but I did get to the show early enough to walk around and admire the old posters and memorabilia throughout the venue.

Although my entire stay in Nashville was great, it would not have been complete without seeing the Grand Ole' Opry at the historic Ryman Auditorium. Highly recommended!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Nicole1117
whidbey island, wa
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“glad I went”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

so much more intimate than I expected, the self-tour allows you in every area, even on stage. They have a guitar and microphone set up so you can have your picture taken if you choose.

Visited December 2011
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Nothing like the historic Ryman”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

Every concert I have attended here has been excellent. The acoustics are great and most seats are close to stage. Avoid seats in the rear on the lower level as some can be behind poles. Our most recent visit was for the Amy Grant \ Vince Gill Christmas concert which was truly outstanding.

Visited December 2011