“The Nashville highlight... for me”
Review of RCA Studio B

RCA Studio B Combo Tour
Ranked #4 of 248 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Historic RCA Studio B--once the recording home of popular music titans such as Elvis Presley, Chet Atkins, Eddy Arnold, and The Everly Brothers--is both a classroom for Nashville area students and a popular cultural attraction. First made available to Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum visitors in 1977, RCA Studio B was donated to the Museum in 1992. Studio B tours are available as part of the Museum's platinum ticket package, which also includes Museum admission and audio tour, and depart from the Museum hourly between 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. daily. Transportation provided.
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Nashville highlight... for me”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I can understand kids 20 or under taking this tour and scratching their heads wondering what the fuss is all about, but for me, this hit a very powerful emotional chord (pun intended). My father passed away less than a month ago and i remember being a kid listening to all this great music with him. This was the music of my childhood without knowing it. When i took the tour, it hit home at one point when the lights were dimmed and we listened to something recorded in that room. it might have been Elvis' 'Love me Tender' or Skeeter Davis' 'End of the World', but boy oh boy did this hit me hard. I had no idea what to expect when i did this tour, but this wasn't it.
One last note; i can't remember the name of our guide (dude sounds like he should be doing radio his voice was that good), but he was fantastic. You could tell he was doing this because he loves this music and respects the building.
This was exactly what i needed, and it made me remember the good times with my dad, and helped subside the sadness of seeing him lying in his coffin.

MPLS, MN
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“1000 Hits”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

They made me buy the Platinum tix at the Country Music Hall of Fame, in order to see this. But it's the best attraction I've seen anywhere. To stand in the room where Roy Orbison, The Everly Bros and Elvis recorded, just to name a few, well, it brought tears to my eyes.

2 Thank boboblonkey
Florence, MS
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

With today's technology it's hard to remember that music used to be made with just music and a voice. It was great to stand where some of the greatest music was originally created and now, I have a deeper appreciation for those amazing voices.

2 Thank Vickie54
Canon City, Colorado
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Music History at it's best”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I really didn't think this would be a big deal....boy was I wrong. You have to make a reservation to go on this tour and it takes about an hour. You will learn about the history of this studio and believe me there is some very interesting facts that will surprise you. It's a must if your in Nashville

1 Thank fdr32
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very interesting”
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Our your guide was so energetic and interesting. It was fun to hear some true behind the scenes stories about Dolly, Elvis and so many others. Photographing was encouraged and everything us touchable.

1 Thank Ladybuglisa