“Must See for Country Music Fans”

Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
Ranked #3 of 270 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is the home of this popular American art form, safeguarding over 2.5 million artifacts, with two expansive floors of gallery space featuring permanent- and limited- engagement exhibits. The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is also home to Historic RCA Studio B and Hatch Show Print. It offers three dining and four retail options, all open to the public. Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Reviewed January 30, 2017

It's almost $30 for admission and an audio stick but worth it if you're a fan (I recommend the audio stick). It's right downtown Nashville and there's easy-to-find parking around (I used the public parking garage under the park between the front of the HOF and the hotel.) Traffic on a weekday morning was very manageable. There's a cafe and a big museum store, as you might imagine.

I regret, a bit, not checking out RCA Studio B, but that's another $10 or more.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,922)
All reviews
in 175 reviews
"beautiful building"
in 113 reviews

Reviewed January 30, 2017

Went to Nashville for a visit and really had not thought about making this a stop. As we were walking, I saw that they had a Zac Brown display and decided to stop in. I was in for quite a surprise! There is a fee to enter, and depending on which tour you take, will depend on how much your ticket cost. We purchased the basic tour, which was just perfect. There was so much to see! We spent a good 2 hours there. When we were visiting, the main display was of Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan. Although I am not a huge fan of either, I found the exhibit very informative and interesting.

Loved the Zac Brown Band exhibit as well as the Brad Paisley exhibit. There is so much history here, going all the way back to the start of country music.

If you are in town, put this on your list! You will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed January 30, 2017

I am not a museum fan but this was a fun experience. As a country fan it is great to learn more about artists that have impacted the industry. I now appreciate country music more and thank each artist for their dedication!

Reviewed January 30, 2017

Pleasantly surprised at how modern it was - great layout and so many neat things to see. Loved all the pieces of actual memorabilia from all eras - several spots to sit and listen to songs & history.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 29, 2017 via mobile

We only had 3 days and this was one museum we wouldn't miss. We are all big country music fans of the older generation so it was wonderful to go back in time and see everything from the stars of yesterday. I thought I knew quite a bit but boy I sure learned so much more. We spent most of the day and really could have stayed longer but had a long road trip ahead of us still to drive. Everything from nudie suits, cars and shoes and guitars! A must see!