“A Lot Of Country Music History Under One Roof!”

Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
Ranked #3 of 253 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is the home of this popular American art form, safeguarding over 2.5 million artifacts, with two expansive floors of gallery space featuring permanent- and limited- engagement exhibits. The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is also home to Historic RCA Studio B and Hatch Show Print. It offers three dining and four retail options, all open to the public. Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We really enjoyed our visit to the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum. The Reba McEntire exhibit was going on when we visited and that was great! For those who haven't followed country music from it's roots (like me), there were a lot of exhibits for stars who I wasn't familiar with. We enjoyed the second floor the most since it focuses more on the stars of the last fifty to sixty years - most of whom we had heard of. We paid the extra money for the audio but, in hindsight, it wasn't worth it. Unless you plan to spend all day in the museum, it just takes too long to read all the information for the exhibits plus listen to the audio. In fact, allow a good three hours to visit. We arrived at 2:30 in the afternoon and the museum closes promptly (and I mean promptly) at 5:00. We and many others were practically run out - politely, of course - at 5:00 p.m. It's a must see if you are in Nashville.

There are newer reviews for Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

It was nice but disappointing with the lack of coverage on certain artist. I expected to see more than a Johhny Cash outfit. I guess since he has his own museum. There wasn't much on Dolly Parton either. Nice to walk around though.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

If you love music, you'll like the Country Music Hall of Fame. I booked the Platinum package to be able to take the Studio B tour (the only way it's offered). The recorders that came with the package were such a waste of money though. When we first started the tour, everyone was trying to use them, but the recordings at each numbered stop are just too long & it wasn't long until we noticed that very few people were listening to them anymore. It's a shame that you can't book the Studio B tour by itself---all four of us agreed that it was the highlight of the trip.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Well worth a visit to see memorabila of the stars and some of its history. And to get out of the heat of the city.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was entertaining a couple from Australia and took them to the Country Music Hall of Fame.
Impressive from the very beginning, I was sorry I didn't allow more time for the whole exhibit. I didn't realize you could sit and listen or sit and watch video of any entertainer you could think of. We watched old reels of Johnny Cash and Merle Haggard. Reba's All the Women that I am was very heartwarming. Don't miss out on sitting in the recording booth and singing over a track and listening to your recording. You will think you are the star. Our friends were very impressed and so were we. Well worth the money.