“Amazing experience”

Ranked #3 of 252 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is the home of this popular American art form, safeguarding over 2.5 million artifacts, with two expansive floors of gallery space featuring permanent- and limited- engagement exhibits. The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is also home to Historic RCA Studio B and Hatch Show Print. It offers three dining and four retail options, all open to the public. Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
Louisville, Kentucky
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was my first time in Nashville and everyone I met recommended I come here. I'm a musician and even though country music is not my favorite, coming here was an amazing experience. The museum is absolutely fascinating and very well put together. I loved learning all about the historical evolution of country music and getting to see so many original costumes, props, and instruments. I came while the "Reba" exhibit was up and it was very moving. If you're in Nashville, definitely stop by!

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Sumter, South Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Lots of County Music History”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was a nice visit. Make sure to allow yourself plenty of time to stroll through it. The tours are self guided and there is lots to take in. Most notably for me was the actual original sheets of paper on which many hit songs were written, in the artist own handwriting.

Visited March 2014
Chattanooga, Tennessee
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Informative”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The history and information is overwhelming. I enjoyed learning about the history of the artists and how country music evolved through the years.

Visited February 2014
Williamsburg, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“All that I expected and more”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

There aren't enough positive words to describe the experience I had at the Country Music Hall of Fame recently. It is so well designed and the number of relics that they have on display are absolutely mind-boggling.

Admittedly, I did have some favorites - the Bakersfield exhibit that showcased Buck Owens and Merle Haggard was amazing, something that I don't think should be missed.

The coolest part about this museum (to me) was the great mixture of textual and electronic media. I work in a museum and I'm used to them being almost primarily text-based, but to be able to sit and listen to interviews and want performances really enhanced the experience.

We didn't do the guided tour aspect of this museum, but quite a few people in line with us opted to do it. That may be something I do next time!

This should be at the top of everyone's list of things to do while they're in Nashville. A definite must-see.

Visited March 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Interesting museum”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to the country music Hall of Fame. He is s big music fawn but I'm not. We both enjoyed it but it was very crowded and hard to maneuver around at times. It was fun to go once and say we saw it but we could have done with out as well. Before going get the total access pass from the Nashville visitor center. You can go to 4 sites for $60.00. It basically gives you one free site and has free tickets to the Parthenon included.