“display of atar clothing mostly”

Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
Book In Advance
Ranked #3 of 200 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is the home of this popular American art form, safeguarding over 2.5 million artifacts, with two expansive floors of gallery space featuring permanent- and limited- engagement exhibits. The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is also home to Historic RCA Studio B and Hatch Show Print. It offers three dining and four retail options, all open to the public. Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was disappointed a bit because Ifound it to be a display of the stars clothing more than info about them.
the early years I feel are better displayed but the last 30 are less explained or portrayed.So a bit Disappointed

Write a ReviewReviews (12,337)
All reviews
in 118 reviews
"lots of history"
in 132 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I found this to be a very nice museum with a good solid history of Country music. Get the headset so you don't miss some of the particulars. I was a bit disappointed with the Hall of Fame section, but it was incredible to be surrounded by the greats, many that we remember, and others that we should!

1  Thank CJM1987
Reviewed July 22, 2013

2 levels now and expanding in 2014. We thoroughly enjoyed the many attractions here and learned alot about the history of country music.

1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The building is very nice and staff are helpful. Just over priced. Takes about hour and a half to walk thru. Lots of reading but neat things to see. I do think kids would become bored.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was not very excited about visiting the museum. However, our daughter who is 19, insisted that we stop during our vacation. We were not disappointed. My husband grew up the son of a country music disc jockey. I also grew up on c&w music. He and I really enjoyed the "older" memorabilia from the 70's and 80's. Our daughter liked the newer stuff especially the Carrie Underwood exhibits. We also spent the extra $4 for the audio guide and felt it was worth it. Overall, I would give it 8 stars out of a possible 10.

1  Thank Lindsay K