“They have some work to do” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Opryland Area

Quality Inn Opryland Area
Ranked #114 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
North Carolina
“They have some work to do”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I would like to say this was a nice hotel but can not, for a Comfort Inn this place has got much work to be done. To much mold in bath needs every thing replaced you should have a class hotel for that area and has many people come through Nashville.If you can stand some issues you can have a nice stay but if you are like me they have got to do better for people to return. Also rented more than one room for family should always read tripadvisor first broke my own rules.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Racine, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here Thursday thru Sunday in June. The place was okay. Our room was clean, but the hallway outside the elevator on the third floor had a really dirty smell. Once in the room though you couldn't smell it. The free breakfast was good. Was a good way to save a few bucks seeing as you already paid for a room. The pool was clean and nice, just remember sunblock if you are outside for awhile. Overall this hotel was good for the price.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
Kitchener
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here last August and again this past week. We had a great experience both times. Very clean hotel. Good free breakfast. Helpful and friendly staff. Great location (close to Grand Ole Opry, General Jackson Showboat, and Opry Mills Mall. Pool was great. We asked the front desk about best way to get to "The District" on lower Broadway and best parking. They recommended the downtown shuttle van for $10 round trip each person. What a deal!!! Parking downtown starts at $15 for 1.5hrs!!! The hotel called the shuttle for us and it was there in 20 minutes (on the hour to the hotels and picks up or return on the half hour). So staying in a hotel away from downtown was not an issue. The rate for the hotel is very reasonable (we use the red book coupons you can find at rest areas/welcome centres). This is out choice (no pun intended) hotel when staying in Nashville.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kevin M
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My group desparetly came to this hotel the second week of June around 2 in the morning looking for a room. We had just driven 9 hours only to arrive at our hotel we had reservations at to find out they gave away our room-even though we had called that afternoon to say we would be arriving after midnight. It was a very busy and popular music fest week so of course there were no other hotels that had vacancies. We drove to this Comfort Inn because it was just down the street and explained to the guy behind the desk what happened. He was very helpful and got us a room right away! The manager that was in the next day also was very helpful. They let us stay at their hotel and we had a very large room! There were 4 adults in our group and this room fit all of us comfortably. We were so thankful for how understanding everyone was and for giving us a room. Thanks!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Burlington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Went to this hotel - no others had vacancies - and now I know why............Old facility, dirty lobby and hallway, dirty grounds, dirty period. Tried to overlook the state of the entire hotel - until I got to my room and the sheets were even dirty! Could not stay here!
Definitely needs to be cleaned and preferably updated/remodeled.

Room Tip: Don't go here!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the past 3 nights to try and save a little money while attending a conference at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. I am an avid traveler and, while I don't have the money to stay in 5-star, I am usually able to find a decent hotel for a good deal. I can confidently say that this is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. I have blonde hair, my husband is bald, and there was dark hair everywhere. Clumps of dark hair under the sink, in the shower, all over the hair dryer. I unfolded a "clean" towel to find a long dark hair stuck in it. There was a long line of thick mold coating the shower. Our room was "cleaned" and not a single dark hair was touched so they must not have cleaned the bathroom. My feet stuck to the carpet, the entire hotel smelled bad. I told the woman at the front desk and she looked at me like I was crazy. I appreciate a good deal and wasn't expecting luxury, or even modern decor, but this hotel was just dirty.

• Stayed June 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight for a girls shopping trip. Not bad. Could use a deep clean and some updating. Good beds. The front desk staff were very polite. Didn't try the breakfast or the swimming pool. The door to room would get get stuck, so you had to use some muscle to get it open. Air had to be turned all the way down to 60 to cool the room. We were in the first room, so we heard a lot of the other guests coming and going. Unfortunately, others aren't as courteous of others sleeping, but that's not the hotel's fault. So, overall ok. Nothing that made it unbearable to stay there. Would stay again, although would ask for a different room.

Stayed June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nashville
Quality Inn & Suites
Suburban Lodge Hermitage
Suburban Lodge Hermitage
#1 of 6 in Hermitage
3.5 of 5 stars 58 reviews

Been to Quality Inn Opryland Area? Share your experiences!