“Yuck!”

Quality Inn Opryland Area
Ranked #116 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Went to this hotel - no others had vacancies - and now I know why............Old facility, dirty lobby and hallway, dirty grounds, dirty period. Tried to overlook the state of the entire hotel - until I got to my room and the sheets were even dirty! Could not stay here!
Definitely needs to be cleaned and preferably updated/remodeled.

Room Tip: Don't go here!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the past 3 nights to try and save a little money while attending a conference at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. I am an avid traveler and, while I don't have the money to stay in 5-star, I am usually able to find a decent hotel for a good deal. I can confidently say that this is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. I have blonde hair, my husband is bald, and there was dark hair everywhere. Clumps of dark hair under the sink, in the shower, all over the hair dryer. I unfolded a "clean" towel to find a long dark hair stuck in it. There was a long line of thick mold coating the shower. Our room was "cleaned" and not a single dark hair was touched so they must not have cleaned the bathroom. My feet stuck to the carpet, the entire hotel smelled bad. I told the woman at the front desk and she looked at me like I was crazy. I appreciate a good deal and wasn't expecting luxury, or even modern decor, but this hotel was just dirty.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight for a girls shopping trip. Not bad. Could use a deep clean and some updating. Good beds. The front desk staff were very polite. Didn't try the breakfast or the swimming pool. The door to room would get get stuck, so you had to use some muscle to get it open. Air had to be turned all the way down to 60 to cool the room. We were in the first room, so we heard a lot of the other guests coming and going. Unfortunately, others aren't as courteous of others sleeping, but that's not the hotel's fault. So, overall ok. Nothing that made it unbearable to stay there. Would stay again, although would ask for a different room.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We arrived late Wednesday night in Nashville, after a long 12 hour drive outside
Buffalo NY. We did not have a reseravation. We followed the sign to the window...
we knocked...and to our delight was a lovely young women to let us in. She introduced
herself as "Misty". Misty was cordial, friendly and appropriately dressed. Her welcoming
was pleasing to our situation. She accomedated us with a warm southern voice and
a happy spirit. We received more than we could have expected at that hour of the night.

Our room was cozy and comfortable. I would recommed this hotel chain to my friends and family without a second thought!
Thank you for exceeding our expections.

Sincerlely,
Patrick Wheeler & Kimberley Fenzel
Buffalo NY

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kimsuepatty
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We checked in fairly late on Friday night. The first hint that this hotel had problems was the "musty" smell of the room and the fact that there was a used bottle of nose drops in the dresser drawer. The next day we left for the day at about 9 am and came back at 7 pm - our room had not been cleaned. We called the front desk and the guy manning it was the only one there so he brought us clean towels. We were lucky the people we were traveling with returned to their room to find that while the beds had been made and the towels replaced, whoever had cleaned their room had spit chewed up nuts into their sink and ice bucket! GROSS!!!

They were moved to another room and given a $20 discount for their "trouble." We were given a coupon for 1,000 bonus points because there was no manager to speak with when we checked out. A week later, when my husband was finally able to get through to them, they did refund 1 of our 2 nights points we had used to book it. Still not a fan - won't stay there again unless all the other hotels in the area are completely booked.

One bright spot- the man working in the breakfast area the next morning was incredible. He was very attentive to the guests.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JonsTravelGirl
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I was surprised by the hotel staff. I had read reviews on Trip Advisor stating how helpful and friendly the front desk staff was. When we got there, the person who checked us in didn't smile or even look at me. Any questions were short answers and basically and yes or no. Rooms need some updating. Beds were very comfortable though. Breakfast was good but when we got there everything was running out and they weren't replacing it. It closed at 10:30 and we got there at 9:45 so I think they should have replaced the items that were running out. Internet came and went. Location was great and there is a shuttle which will take you downtown which is $10 per person roundtrip. That was definitely worth it. Made going downtown stress free.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Checked in around 3:00 on Thursday afternoon. Check in was fast and easy. The front desk staff was very friendly and told me everything I needed to know. The room was clean. We had a King bed room. There was a flat screen t.v. with several cable channels. There were snack and drink machines on our floor with the ice machine. It was very quiet there at night. The breakfast was the usual fare. Good coffee. They did have boiled eggs which I liked. They also had wheat bread for toast which some hotels do not. The parking lot was well lit with spaces convenient to the door close to the elevator. This is a really convenient location. Close to Opry Mills Mall and the Opry House. Several places to eat right in this area. Cracker Barrel, an older retro McDonalds, etc. Would definitely stay here again for the price.

Room Tip: The Breakfast is served on the second floor. That is where our room was and that made it very conven...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple