WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Quality Inn Opryland Area

Quality Inn Opryland Area
Ranked #114 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
Ontario's Near North, Canada
“Housekeeping where art thou?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was our 2nd stay at this hotel - our annual stop to see the Opry
.The room was very clean and comfortable and the breakfast excellent. The property is close to attractions and easily accessible from I-65.
My complaint is with housekeeping - we went out at noon and returned about 4 PM. The room hadn't been made up. I stopped housekeeping in the hallway and asked to have the room made up. She replied no-no 4 o'clock. I then gave her my garbage and requested a couple of garbage bags and left it at that.
During the check-out process the following morning, the front desk staff person,after a bit of a problem with the computer, handed me my final room receipt and said thank you. I then said I was not happy having spent almost $200 for a 2-nite stay and did not even have my room made up. She then stated if I would have said something before final checkout, she could (maybe) have offered a discount. I thought it was part of her job to ask me if everything was satisfactory?
I left without getting into an argument.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. Room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was very good with a wide variety. Hotel is conveniently located to all attractions. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a clean, affordable place to stay.

Stayed February 2014
Eden, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed at this property during a quick girls get away. This property is acceptable for the money you spend. The bedding is sufficient and they offer a great breakfast. However, my problem's come from the horrible service provided. From the agent at the front desk having an attitude to the general manager, Megan. During check in the front desk agent was not pleasant. She seemed annoyed, and all we were doing as a basic and simple check in. Later that evening we returned to the room and found there was no remote for the television, we called the front desk and was given attitude just for asking for a remote. It was then apparent that the employees were not willing to go above and beyond for any guest, and had no further contact with any employees... until I checked out.

After checking out on Thursday and flying home, I realized my make-up bag with well over $100 of make-up was left. I decided to first call the hotel to see if they had it. During this phone call the gentelman was upset at me for asking him to look. After placing me on hold for approximately 5 minutes he came back to tell me that he couldn't find it and to call back tomorrow. I asked, "If you are unable to help me, who should I talk to tomorrow? Who can help me tomorrow?" He hung up after this statement. I called five times and let the phone ring for five minutes after he hung up on me. Funny enough, I had my Dad call from a different number the 6th time and the gentleman answered.

I called the next morning, Friday, and asked to speak to the housekeeping director. I was told the director was not in and to call back Saturday. By now, I was fully aware that the hotel staff was playing a shuffle game with me because they didn't want to handle the situation. I called back on Saturday and was told that no management is in on the weekends. I was told I needed to call on Monday morning and speak with the general manager, Megan. Well, sure enough, I called Monday and Megan was absolutely no help. I told the GM about the horrible service, all I wanted to know if my make-up was at the hotel. I explained I have already talked to the rental agency, the airport lost and found and TSA and it wasn't possible to be anywhere else. Megan just told me she would call me back. Funny enough, Megan never called me back on Monday. So Tuesday morning I called her back. Megan explained she hasn't found it. I am sure that this is the end of this cat and mouse game. I am giving up and deciding I will have to put a lot more additional money to build my make up collection back up. I have worked for a prestigious resort for three years and am fully aware of what is acceptable and not. I did not appreciate getting hung up, being told false information and just being ignored. I would not recommend this hotel for the service! Spend a little extra money and stay somewhere you will be appreciated for spending your money to help keep them afloat in this economy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I've read some decent reviews and some pretty bad reviews. Let me first start by saying YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. This hotel is more than adequate for the cost. I've paid more for hotel rooms and have still been disappointed maybe more so because of the expectations. My expectations were very low but I was pleasantly surprised with the service on check in the friendliness of the staff AND the morning complimentary breakfast. It was a nice mixture of hot foods and cereals/yogurts/fruits and a make your own waffle station. It's good enough to get your day started of on the right foot and is included in the cost of room.
The hotel is close to all the Opryland Land attractions and about a 20 minute drive from downtown Nashville. So the location is perfect. The only minus I've found with this place and it's probably a pretty big one for some is after checking in to my room there was a dirty/used washcloth in the sink- which made me scratch my head, because the room looked to be recently cleaned,maybe housekeeping forgot it. I didn't make a big deal out of it just asked for clean towels. Though I think some would've made a bigger issue out of it than warranted (again expectations). I wouldn't have normally chosen to stay here but was required to as part of a group and probably wouldn't stay here again on my own. But if your looking for value and a place to lay your head. This is it! If you want ALL the amenities and luxury- then stay somewhere else.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank goneinsixtyseconds
Gill, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Very convenient to Opryland and the Gaylord Hotel with all the indoor gardens. Plenty of restaurants nearby. The room was clean with plenty of room. The breakfast was the usual with a waffle maker, cereal, etc.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel is a little outdated and so are the rooms. The staff on the other hand was very nice and friendly. Breakfast with the basics: bread, waffles, coffee and cereal. Beds are comfortable and so is the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bedford, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Bed very comfortable. Room a little dirty and dated. Mold in bathtub. Over charged me for second night. Did not give me the ad price for second night. Asked about a second room and quoted me over $50.00 more. Day time desk clerk really nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Second floor that is where the breakfast room is.