“Friendly Staff and a great location.”

Quality Inn Opryland Area
Ranked #116 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was a great location for going to the Grand Ole Oprey. Hotel lobby and area was lovely and the staff very friendly. Quite a large swimming pool outside also. Rooms were okay, but I would say the hotel was quite a bit older than some we had stayed in. Breakfast was not good. We went at 9am and there was no coffee made. Once again spills had not been cleaned up and in this case waffle mix was all over one part of the floor. Lady looking after the kitchen was very unfriendly.

Room Tip: We were on the main floor and there were no noise issues with the room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cathleenw920

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I left without making any reservations, we stopped at one other place and they only had 1 room left at $119 a night and didn't have any roll away beds for my son. So we left after being told there was a Titan game and Carrie Underwood this weekend. We went next door to the Comfort Inn and they had rooms very reasonable rates. Upon arriving you could tell it was an older place, but all in all it was good for what we needed which was a bed and shower, don't forget the TV. We ordered in the first night and went out the second. They had a pool but we didn't get a chance to use it due to weather. I felt it was quiet and the staff was friendly, not a bad place to stay if you are planning on shopping and don't want to spend a lot on hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I was REALLY disappointed with this hotel. The rooms were dirty, the bedspreads were visably stained. The elevator smelled like baby throw up. I'm normally someone who realizes you pay for what you get...but this place was a joke! We paid less to stay in a comfort suites in Southaven,Ms and didn't have to deal with any of this.
On the plus side...they had a decent breakfast in the morning and the people who staffed that area were very friendly. And the location was within a mile or so to the grand ole opry and the shopping mall.
Overall though, I would say DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank lexirdh
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The hotel was just fine...clean and quiet. The value for the money was not there...no micro, no fridge, small room, 2 double beds. The pool was nice and the front desk staff was really nice. Housekeeping did a nice job, too. My only complaint was the breakfast...it was just okay. The scrambled eggs were literally green...lol! The attendant for breakfast was rude, angry, and completely overwhelmed. On a brighter note, Lisa from the front desk, did an amazing job. She was so nice and very caring...two thumbs up!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ROBIN S
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I checked into this hotel while I was in Nashville with my church for a conference. I was in my room and I called down to the desk for their WiFi code so that I could use my kindle fire. My roommate left to board the van for the conference and I left my kindle fire on the bed and left behind her. I returned after about three hours to find my kindle fire gone!!!! My roommate and I both had our keys and no one else had access to our room but the hotel employees. I am 100% sure that a housekeeper stole my kindle. I asked for the manager several times and was told that he was unavailable. I contacted the police and filed a report. The housekeeper became irate and defensive when she was confronted further proving her guilt. The hotel staff seemed uninterested and could care less about my loss. They made it seem as though it was my fault because I left it in on the bed in a LOCKED room that I'd paid to stay in. I was violated and disrespected. I finally got the manager after I returned home and after 3 days of calls. He chalked it up to my loss and that there was nothing he wanted to or was going to do. This hotel and its employees deserve to be held accountable for my stolen property. I am grateful that I was able to contact amazon.com and they deactivated and blacklisted it so that the person that stole it could not use it or register it. These kindle fires cost $200...they aren't something you can just replace like a cd or a pair of socks. I thoroughly enjoyed mine and I am saddened by losing it.

Room Tip: A room there employees will not steal my belongings!!!
Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank DWalker31
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The hotel is run down and we had to be moved because of a/c issues. The pool is right in front of the hotel by the street. The rooms were on the smaller size and not the cleanest. The front desk CSR's were very helpfull though and nice to deal with.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My room, including the bathroom, was clean, nicely updated and quiet. The breakfast room was well-stocked and had a live attendant. The front lobby was drab. If you are looking for a clean, quiet room and good free breakfast, this is a good property. I had a business meeting at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and saved more than 60% over what I would have paid to stay and have breakfast there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business