“Property Stolen”

Quality Inn Opryland Area
Ranked #117 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I checked into this hotel while I was in Nashville with my church for a conference. I was in my room and I called down to the desk for their WiFi code so that I could use my kindle fire. My roommate left to board the van for the conference and I left my kindle fire on the bed and left behind her. I returned after about three hours to find my kindle fire gone!!!! My roommate and I both had our keys and no one else had access to our room but the hotel employees. I am 100% sure that a housekeeper stole my kindle. I asked for the manager several times and was told that he was unavailable. I contacted the police and filed a report. The housekeeper became irate and defensive when she was confronted further proving her guilt. The hotel staff seemed uninterested and could care less about my loss. They made it seem as though it was my fault because I left it in on the bed in a LOCKED room that I'd paid to stay in. I was violated and disrespected. I finally got the manager after I returned home and after 3 days of calls. He chalked it up to my loss and that there was nothing he wanted to or was going to do. This hotel and its employees deserve to be held accountable for my stolen property. I am grateful that I was able to contact amazon.com and they deactivated and blacklisted it so that the person that stole it could not use it or register it. These kindle fires cost $200...they aren't something you can just replace like a cd or a pair of socks. I thoroughly enjoyed mine and I am saddened by losing it.

Room Tip: A room there employees will not steal my belongings!!!
Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank DWalker31
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Opryland Area

Reviewed July 4, 2012

The hotel is run down and we had to be moved because of a/c issues. The pool is right in front of the hotel by the street. The rooms were on the smaller size and not the cleanest. The front desk CSR's were very helpfull though and nice to deal with.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My room, including the bathroom, was clean, nicely updated and quiet. The breakfast room was well-stocked and had a live attendant. The front lobby was drab. If you are looking for a clean, quiet room and good free breakfast, this is a good property. I had a business meeting at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and saved more than 60% over what I would have paid to stay and have breakfast there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank CTvisitante
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed here for several nights for a music festival weekend. We found a discounted rate and it was cheaper than others in the area and in the city but I wouldn't pay any more for it. The hotel is a but run down and could use some sprucing up. That said, the staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and the pool looked very clean ( we did not use it). The beds are comfy. Our room was right near the elevator and the ice maker and we didnt hear them at all.The AC makes the room humid and doesn't cool down too well. There is no refrigerator in the room.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PhilaTraveler22
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The room was damp and had a little odor. The staff was friendly. the breakfast was good. The air conditioner in our room was very loud.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here for three nights when we went to Opryland, the Ryman, Opryland Hotel, downtown Nashville. For a more reasonable price you can enjoy what Nashville has to offer without breaking the bank on a motel that you really don't spend much time in. Sure its not a resort, nor a luxury hotel, but is is clean and fairly comfortable. It was quiet and we slept fine. We did have a couple of incidents. The tub wouldn't drain right the first nite. A comment about it to the front desk, and they fixed it the next day. On the last night there was no toilet paper in the room. The desk was a little slow in getting us a roll and we had to go to the desk to pick it up. That was a little annoying at 11:00pm. The breakfast was fine and typical of the other comfort inns.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dodaday2
Reviewed May 18, 2012

stayed for a night with my wife. hotel needs an overhaul. carpets in hall and decore is old and should be replaced. staff were excellent and breakfast was good. price was low so value was excellent. i would stay there again for the value, but if money not the main factor i would choose another.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple