“Not coming back to this Comfort Inn”

Quality Inn Opryland Area
Ranked #116 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We usually stay at Comfort Inns and except for one in Canada have always been happy with them. This one was not the cleanest I've seen. Someone spilled a sticky substance in the area of the vending machines on Friday and it was still there Sunday morning after being tracked throughout the area. Also, the maid we had needs a lesson in bed making. I'm usually not too picky about things but this was just plain laziness. Throwing the comforter over blankets and sheets that weren't smoothed out is not how you make a bed. The next morning my husband was scratching several bites he received in bed. I don't think they were the dreaded bedbug, there was no blood. I think they were flea bites, yuck! Breakfast was your standard, cereal, waffles, eggs but there was no meat served, either bacon or sausage. This hotel is in an area that has lots of competition so I think they better get with it and live up to Choice Hotel standards. We will NOT be back.

Room Tip: Check out your room before you take it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Peggy D

Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband and I drove from Atlanta to see a hockey game and stayed at this hotel. It was easy to find. The staff was nice and breakfast was good. They are going through renovations which I find a little off putting but other than that I did not have any problems. It is a little bit of an older hotel but I assume the renovations will help with that.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nutmeg1282
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Excellant Motel and close to Opry Mills and the Opryland Hotel. Clean and comfortable. great Breakfast. Staff very attentive and helpful. Also gave us a coupon for the resturant next door. Santa Fe Steak House.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TomT42
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The hotel was very nice in a convenient location. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and nice. It was a great central place to explore the Nashville area. If you will be only exploring the downtown Nashville area, you might want to stay closer but for us it was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Travel_Buff29
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The upside? It's convenient to shopping, resaurants, bars, etc...several restaurants are next door, yet it is a very quiet hotel. Lots of room to walk the pups outside. The downside? No refrigerators in rooms, and none were available. Also, no gym if you need to work out and the nearest Gold's is 20 miles away. Beds were okay enough, and the hotel staff were always cleaning hotel areas and common rooms. Went to breakfast on Saturday morning at 10:22 a.m. and the door was closed. The "attendant" informed me breakfast was over. I asked what time it was, and he showed me his watch and said 10:35, and he snidely commented I should keep better track of time. The door was closed with about 20 people inside when he did let me in to get coffee and shooed me out. His watch was ten minutes fast and his behavior inappropriate to say the least.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank kristencurran
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Great location for the Grand Old Opry. We found there was a shuttle bus to take us to the performance. Saved us from the confusing and huge parking area. We can not recommend the restaurants close to the hotel but the hotel was nice with helpful staff and good breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 10,234
Reviewed November 10, 2011

A friend of mine recommended I stay at the Comfort Inn by Opryland, since I was looking for a hotel at a reasonable price near the Grand Ole Opry. We called the hotel for a reservation, and the man that answered the phone was very polite and informative. They were able to give us excactly what we requested, even ajoing rooms for my family. I was very impressed with the hotel upon arrival, the front desk and house keeping staff were very friendly and even gave us suggestions on activities to do around Nashville. I was very impressed with the up keep at this hotel, the rooms were very clean and the hallways had a fresh scent. Breakfast is the best part of this hotel! I have 2 teenage boys and a girl, along with myself and my husband, it can get real expensive eating out while on vacations, so the free breakfast was a plus. I recommend staying at this hotel, clean rooms, free breakfast, and great location the price is a steal!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family