“Better than expected”

Ranked #78 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Maryland
“Better than expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

I was concerned about this hotel after reading the reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised. I stayed for three nights while I was attending a conference at the Gaylord Opryland resort. The room was updated and nicely decorated, very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating. I made frequent use of the shuttle back and forth to the airport and the Opryland resort and it was very convenient. They run the shuttle to the airport on the hour and to the resort on the half hour, by request. They were always on time and the drivers were courteous. At least once I called for a ride back to the hotel from the resort when it was not near the half hour, and they were able to come get me before their scheduled pickup. I decided to walk a few times when the weather was nice, and it's about a 25 minute walk. I did not try the breakfast, and opted for the restaurants in the area instead. There is a Cracker Barrell, McDonalds, and a Bob Evans that are a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel. Also highly recommend the Thai restaurant that is next to the Bob Evans for dinner.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
West Frankfort, ILLINOIS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2009

I went with my mother, aunt, & sister-n-law. We stayed at the Courtyard By Marriott Opryland, but we had to go see this place, and it was more than we expected. This is a must see...Prices are steep, but we will stay at least 1 night here next time.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2009

Actually didnt plan on staying here because there is no free breakfast but after driving around and really just being tired..we opted for a 3 day stay..and the minute I layed down the no breakfast was not a problem. Most comfortable mattress Ive slept on in a hotel.Nice friendly, clean the only problem for us was the vanities were quite small and were too small for a family of 3. they are doing renovation so hopefully that will change.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2009

A three star hotel this is not. Probably when it was new, it was a nice place, but this place is severely outdated. Carpet was dirty and worn, the room smelled stale, the air in the room was heavy and the furniture felt soiled. The counter tops were not clean either. Very disappointed. The manager indicated it was going through renovation, but it is certainly not evident at this time. Did not meet the standards of any Marriott brand I've ever stayed in. There was a half of a piece of drywall in the hallway during our stay. Maybe that is part of the renovation materials.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2009

My family had a nice stay at the Courtyard. We liked the location. Everything was nice and clean - used the pool throughout the stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Vero Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2009

the staff was very friendly. The room was as clean. But in need of major updating. We stayed on the first floor. The shower was so old and nasty. There was no place to put your soap and shampoo. I dreaded getting into the shower. It was that bad.
But believe it or not, the room was clean.
We were able to walk to Opryland hotel. Didn't have to park a car, so it saved us a bunch of money. Opryland was beautiful. The Christmas lights are amazing. If you have never been, you must go.

• Liked — location and the staff
  • Disliked — needs a major update
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2008

My company had sent me to Nashville on business for a couple of weeks and the Courtyard proved to be a home away from home. The staff was very accomodating and helped me to find restaurants and entertainment close by the hotel. The shuttle driver would drop me off at restaurants and shops and would come to get me whenever I was finished. The housekeeper always left me extra clean towels and supplies each day. I would highly recommend this hotel for its southern hospitality in treating their guests like family.

• Liked — the great staff
  • Disliked — bigger bottles of shampoo
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)