“Great place”

Ranked #77 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Goshen, IN
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Recently in Nashville to attend conference at The Gaylord - no rooms available at the conference site so after careful review selected the Courtyard. Shuttle service at the door when my flight arrived - throughout the stay shuttle kept dependable schedule running back and forth between the Gaylord, etc. The rooms were clean, front desk staff professional, pool/hot tub well cared for and a beautiful lobby with comfortable seating for reading, drinking coffee, etc. My stay was very nice - I would stay with this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Kathy M,

Thanks for staying with us while attending your conference at Gaylord Opryland! We like to provide an easy alternative for guests coming in to attend conferences across the street and feel that our free parking, free Wi-Fi, indoor pool and hot tub, our Bistro and our shuttle service to Opryland for a one-time fee are a great value for guests attending conventions at Gaylord Opryland. We appreciate you staying with us and thank you for your kind words!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bayonne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure if this hotel is a 3 star or 4 star but it doesn't look like anything online. The king room was small. No microwave and no refrigerator, the iron was broke and leaking, the channel guide on the television is totally off not sure if the front desk just gave me a crappy room or what. . The sink and the toilet are separate from each other. This is not what I expected it to be considering my father works in a five star hotel in New York City and I've been traveling all over the states staying in different hotels, didnt expect this from courtyard marriot, I was better off staying at the holiday in express. Also there's no room service, no ATM in the hotel and it's just a plain petty little hotel that's better off being called a motel, for the 189 price a night. It's not worth it. I'm glad I booked it through booking.com and got a cheaper rate, also beware if you have a debit card since you are going to get charged more on your check in more than what you're paying for and you will be charged twice something I've never had happened to me, I know because I'm in the army active duty and me and my husband were trying to catch a break after the marathon and have a little get away weekend here in Nashville but I am so dissapointed with my overall stay here and would not recommend it to anyone. I hope this management fixes all these little discrepancies they have because it's just not worth paying 189 a night.

• Stayed April 2013
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Cydney1617,

The management and staff of the Courtyard at Opryland care the most about the satisfaction of our guests and we are very sorry that you were not happy with your experience. If you would like to call us and speak with us- we would be happy to discuss these issues with you in order that we can make it right next time. Thanks for your feedback and best wishes!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Courtyard at Opryland Nashville was a pleasant hotel, exceptionally clean and well-maintained. The room was quiet and comfortable. Only negative was the wall heating unit which was difficult to adjust to maintain a comfortable room temperature.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Judy T,

Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott at Opryland! We appreciate your comments about the cleanliness of our hotel- we work hard to provide a great experience for our guests- thanks for your feedback!
Noblesville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The room had 2 queen beds, which were very comfy, and a pull-out sofa. The hotel was very nice. A solid 3 star hotel. Nice lobby, a small market to buy snacks and drinks. The restaurant/bar was okay for a simple breakfast or snack. The pool and hot tub were clean, smaller than I expected from the pictures, but fine. If you are going to stay in the Opryland area, I recommend renting a car. This hotel offers a shuttle for $10 to the Gaylord Opryland, which is right across the street where there is also a Hertz on-site. The Courtyard Nashville at Opryland is run by a great, friendly staff. As a travel agent, I am dedicated to the Marriott brand because they treat agents very well. Thanks Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room if the weather is nice enough to enjoy it. The two queen bed rooms are perfec...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelAgentKat3
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
TravelAgentKat3,

Thanks so much for your great feedback! We appreciate your kind words, and hope that you will come back and see us again at the Courtyard by Marriott at Opryland!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

The front desk clerk was very welcoming, and the lobby is beautiful. However, the rest of the hotel needs to be updated. Everything was outdated and looked somewhat dirty. Overall, it was OKAY. Not up to expectations as far as other Marriott hotels in which I have stayed.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Kepp12
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Kepp12,

Thanks for taking time to give us your feedback, and for your great comments about our new Bistro lobby and our wonderful staff. We were proud to be one of the first group of Courtyards to receive the Bistro lobby renovation and our guests rave about it! We are also very proud of our terrific staff who are always ready to help you with any questions you may have about all the great things to do in Nashville and the Opryland area.

Our rooms renovation is actually a two part process which we have completed the first part, so we will have that completed next year and would love to have you come and check it out. Thanks once again for your comments!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have nothing but positive things to say about this hotel. I live in Nashville and we wanted to stay at a hotel in the Opryland area with an indoor pool for my son's 8th birthday. I'm so happy we chose this one. After shopping and eating at Opry Mills we headed to the hotel for some swimming. Since we were staying on a weeknight we had the pool to ourselves. The pictures don't quite give you and idea of the size of the pool, but let me tell you, it's more than a decent size. We also enjoyed relaxing in the hot tub. The hotel doesn't provide a free breakfast, but I'm fine with that and knew it when I booked. I'm not a morning person so we rarely take part in the free breakfasts at other hotels, anyway. We're more about what the hotel provides during the evening hours. I really like the idea behind The Bistro in the lobby. If I was traveling for business I could see the benefit of having a nice place to relax within the hotel. We, as a family, enjoyed it too! After all the swimming we had the munchies and The Bistro came in real handy. It was nearing closing time for The Bistro so we got a really good deal on some wings, popcorn shrimp, and cheese pizza. It actually ended up being more food than we could eat. The TV nooks in the lobby area are really neat, too. The kids watched Nick while we waited for the food. We also saw several other people using the areas, too. The staff here were super friendly and seemed to always be available. The rooms are nice and comfortable. The beds were great! Our room had a small pull-out couch, (which I didn't expect when booking so I was pleasantly surprised) and it provided a nice area for my husband and I to sit and talk while the kids played on the beds. One other feature I liked is the curved shower curtain rod; it makes the shower feel even roomier. The rooms also include a small refrigerator, which has almost become a requirement in hotels for us. It's nice to always have a chilled beverage on hand and not have to use the "ice-in-the-sink" trick. We had a great experience with this hotel and I can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ErinRose69
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
ErinRose69-

Thanks so much for your great review and thanks for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott at Opryland! We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to the next time you and your family come to stay with us. We think our hotel is an amazing place to stay if you are coming in to do some shopping at Opry Mills, to take in a cruise on the General Jackson Showboat, or to come and see the world famous Grand Ole Opry, and we're glad you feel the same way!
Guin, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

First the bad and then the good. We had to change our reservaions by a week and when we did the rates were considerable higher and they would not give us the Senior Rate. This is the first time we have ever been turned down for a senior rate at any motel. The location was close to the things we were doing. The room was very clean, but towels were very thin.We would stay there again but hope they never turn us down on the senior rate again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Linda W,

Thanks so much for your feedback and thanks for staying with us! We apologize that the senior rate was not honored and will definitely look into that- thanks for bringing it to our attention. We appreciate your comments and look forward to hosting you again next time you are in Nashville!